Arsenal fans demand one player is SOLD after defeat by Crystal Palace
Arsenal fans are demanding Shkodran Mustafi is sold as a matter of urgency this summer after Crystal Palace's 3-2 win on Sunday.
Christian Benteke, Wilfried Zaha and James McArthur ran riot as Palace put three past the Gunners with Mesut Ozil and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang hitting back for the home team - but not doing enough.
At the back the Gunners looked very shaky, but it was Mustafi who stood out the most for all the wrong reasons.
The German was at fault for the first goal after he failed to keep track of Benteke in the box, allowing the striker space to head home.
He later failed to read the game correctly while attempting to hold off Zaha, with the forward simply running around him and slotting home.
Arsenal fans hit out at the centre-back on Twitter, with many calling for him to be sold.
One wrote: "I used to defend Mustafi, but what he did today was just terrible. Hope he gets sold soon."
Another added: "Mustafi should be sold as soon as the market opens," while a third said: "I can't wait for him to be sold!"
And a fourth concluded: "Mustafi's error for Palace's second goal gets worse every time you see it. Must be sold this summer if Arsenal want to even think of progressing as a club."
- Transfer news: PSG superstar departs clubFootball 1 week ago
- Football team sponsored by porn site RedTubeGossip & Rumours 2 months ago
- My teammates told me not to shoot, I ignored – KompanyPremier League 1 month ago
- ‘Wise' Owino appeals against 10-year ban imposed by FIFAFootball 1 month ago
- Daniel James transfer: Man Utd close on £15m Swansea star as Jadon Sancho alternativeFootball 1 month ago
- Mourinho and Wenger to go head-to-head at Champions League finalFootball 2 weeks ago
- Shujaa up one spot despite gloomy show in Hong KongRugby 2 months ago