World’s strongest footballer in talks to join wrestling [Photos]
There’s a reason Adebayo Akinfenwa is known as ‘The Beast’ - and he has talked up the potential of joining WWE once he retires from football.
Wycombe Wanderers striker Akinfenwa is known as the strongest man in football and often uses his own ‘Beast Mode’ phrase.
At 36 years old and not getting any younger, the popular footballer is considering his next move when he decides to hang up his boots.
And, given that his children are huge wrestling fans, he has suggested he could be bringing ‘The Beast’ Stateside following a meeting with one of the sport's biggest names - Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
Speaking to The Football Social, he said: "We have had conversations. I'm into WWE because my kids are.
"I got the chance to meet The Rock and we had a little conversation.
"So watch this space, who knows."
The striker once performed the ‘People’s Elbow’ move as part of a celebration after scoring for Wycombe back in 2017.
And that celebration was met with approval by its creator, Hollywood star and WWE wrestler The Rock.
Johnson praised Akinfenwa's effort, tweeting: "Heart stoppin' elbow droppin'.... well done brotha".
Asked whether he could beat The Rock, Akinfenwa added: "What? Of course, yeah."
So, what would his wrestling name and signature move be? "It will just be something like Beast and I'll have the Beast Slam, who knows,” he added.
- Sterling hat-trick sends Man City four clear of LiverpoolFootball 1 month ago
- Boxer branded "an animal" after BITING opponent FOUR TIMES in heavyweight fightBoxing 3 weeks ago
- Lukaku makes huge transfer decision - Cristiano Ronaldo involvedFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia keep shooting themselves in the footFootball 1 week ago
- Revealed: Here’s when Tottenham will play in their new 62,000 seater stadiumPremier League 1 month ago
- How fish has helped Chelsea star boost his recent form, fitnessFootball 3 weeks ago
- Kenyan herdsboy’s dream comes true after Ozil sends him gifts [Photos]Football 1 month ago