Worldâ€™s strongest footballer in talks to join wrestling [Photos]
There’s a reason Adebayo Akinfenwa is known as ‘The Beast’ - and he has talked up the potential of joining WWE once he retires from football.
Wycombe Wanderers striker Akinfenwa is known as the strongest man in football and often uses his own ‘Beast Mode’ phrase.
At 36 years old and not getting any younger, the popular footballer is considering his next move when he decides to hang up his boots.
And, given that his children are huge wrestling fans, he has suggested he could be bringing ‘The Beast’ Stateside following a meeting with one of the sport's biggest names - Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
Speaking to The Football Social, he said: "We have had conversations. I'm into WWE because my kids are.
"I got the chance to meet The Rock and we had a little conversation.
"So watch this space, who knows."
The striker once performed the ‘People’s Elbow’ move as part of a celebration after scoring for Wycombe back in 2017.
And that celebration was met with approval by its creator, Hollywood star and WWE wrestler The Rock.
Johnson praised Akinfenwa's effort, tweeting: "Heart stoppin' elbow droppin'.... well done brotha".
Asked whether he could beat The Rock, Akinfenwa added: "What? Of course, yeah."
So, what would his wrestling name and signature move be? "It will just be something like Beast and I'll have the Beast Slam, who knows,” he added.
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 week ago
- Harambee Stars players savour top class facilities in ParisFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United secure major signing ahead of new seasonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 2 weeks ago
- Meet star who signed for Chelsea before Hazard but yet to make first-team appearanceFootball 2 weeks ago
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 week ago
- Six top footballers linked with ArsenalGossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago