Dandora stadium to be ready in July, Governor Sonko says
Dandora Stadium in Embakasi North Constituency has been earmarked for unveiling in the next two months as construction work is nearly complete.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has promised that the stadium will be ready by July this year to pave way for football tournament for all the 17 sub-counties in Nairobi and pledged to build four more facilities in the county.
“Construction of the Dandora Stadium is part of my promises to Nairobians during the campaigns.
“My administration will also construct four other sports facilities in Kihumbuini, Woodley, Jacaranda and Kariokor,” he said.
Upon completion, the 12,000-seater Dandora Stadium will have notable features like artificial turf, seats, gym, modern stalls and flood lights.
Nairobi County Assistant Director of Sports John Barasa said once ready, the stadium will be open for major football events.
Nairobi County Sports Board Chairman Hashim Kamau said the projects will benefit Nairobians.
“The main problem facing Nairobi residents now is unavailability of sports facilities. At the moment SPL teams are forced to play home matches in Machakos,” he said.
- 10 football stars who have dated the same womenFootball 2 months ago
- Man United fans sweating after 'famous Mino Raiola's' reported comebackFootball 1 week ago
- Do you know Tiger Woods’ girlfriend? Meet the stunning Erica Herman [Photos]Golf 2 months ago
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 month ago
- Man City star spotted in night club at 3:30 am - hours before Premier League match [Photos]Premier League 2 months ago
- Toure and Sterling blast Juventus over Kean abuseFootball 2 months ago
- TRANSFER: Arsenal agree terms with world class defender Football 2 days ago