Dandora stadium to be ready in July, Governor Sonko says
Dandora Stadium in Embakasi North Constituency has been earmarked for unveiling in the next two months as construction work is nearly complete.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has promised that the stadium will be ready by July this year to pave way for football tournament for all the 17 sub-counties in Nairobi and pledged to build four more facilities in the county.
“Construction of the Dandora Stadium is part of my promises to Nairobians during the campaigns.
“My administration will also construct four other sports facilities in Kihumbuini, Woodley, Jacaranda and Kariokor,” he said.
Upon completion, the 12,000-seater Dandora Stadium will have notable features like artificial turf, seats, gym, modern stalls and flood lights.
Nairobi County Assistant Director of Sports John Barasa said once ready, the stadium will be open for major football events.
Nairobi County Sports Board Chairman Hashim Kamau said the projects will benefit Nairobians.
“The main problem facing Nairobi residents now is unavailability of sports facilities. At the moment SPL teams are forced to play home matches in Machakos,” he said.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 1 month ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago