Nakuru RFC hope to progress in Enterprise Cup as they face five-time winners KCB
Nakuru RFC hope to progress in Enterprise Cup as they face five-time winners KCB in a quarter-final tie today.
Wanyore head to KCB Sports Club on the back of a good run of form in the Kenya Cup regular season where they booked a play-off slot after finishing fourth. They must carry the good form into Kenya’s oldest rugby knock-out competition.
In KCB, the Nakuru-based side face a team that beat them home and away in the Kenya Cup but head coach Mitch Ocholla is unfazed by their recent record against the bankers.
“We want to get a positive result from the match since KCB beat us twice in the Kenya Cup. They are a good side with seasoned players. The boys are hungry for success and we are treating every competition with equal seriousness,” Ocholla said.
With winger Nelson Oyoo ruled out due to Kenya Sevens commitments, Ocholla is confident that the trio of Oscar Ouma, Gramwel Bunyasi and Philip Owuor will be available for selection despite having featured in last weekend’s Hong Kong invitational Sevens tournament.
“They are good players and it is always good for a coach to field his strongest squad in crucial matches,” Ocholla added.
It will be the first Enterprise Cup match of the season for KCB who were exempted from the first round before receiving a bye to the last four following the withdrawal of their second round opponents Kisii RFC.
Nakuru RFC booked a quarter-final berth in emphatic fashion, walloping KRU Championship outfit Western Bulls 71-7 at Nakuru Athletic Club last month.
Kenya Harlequin, who eliminated defending champions Homeboyz, will be at home to Kenyatta University’s Blak Blad.
Just like KCB, the students too will be involved in the competition for the first time in the campaign having benefited from the withdrawal of Kisumu RFC in the second round.
Other quarter-final fixtures will see Impala Saracens host Mwamba at the Impala Club as Kabras Sugar welcome Nondescripts in Kakamega.
Meanwhile Mwamba Cup, which is at the semi finals stage, will also continue today with holders Strathmore II hosting Nakuru’s second string side in Madaraka as Homeboyz II square it out with Kabras II in Kakamega.
- Mourinho attacks Ajax manager after shock UCL elimination by TottenhamFootball 1 week ago
- Liverpool fans caught on camera harassing Barcelona locals ahead of UCL match (Video)Gossip & Rumours 2 weeks ago
- Bandari, Assad book semifinals slotFootball 4 weeks ago
- School games: Kakamega, Dagoretti reach rugby 15s semisRugby 1 month ago
- Man Utd can still qualify for Champions League – SolskjaerPremier League 3 weeks ago
- Mo Salah ends goal drought in dramatic comeback win over SouthamptonFootball 1 month ago
- Daniel James transfer: Man Utd close on £15m Swansea star as Jadon Sancho alternativeFootball 1 week ago