More than 40 teams set for Top Fry Great Rift 10 aside championships
At least 40 teams have confirmed participation in the 29th Top Fry Great Rift 10 aside championships set for Nakuru Athletic Club on April 19-21.
Edward Moseti, the tournament director, said the competition includes teams taking part in Kenya Cup league and Kenya Rugby Union Championships whose fixtures will be released on Monday.
The contest has been categorized into Division One and Division Two Championships and the curtain raiser matches will feature schools and women championships.
Age Grade Championships that include Under 12, Under 14 and Under 16 will feature in the first day of the tournament that Standard Group is the media sponsor.
Eight schools, eight women teams and 24 junior sides (boys) have confirmed participation in the schools, women championships and Age Grade Championships respectively.
It has attracted over Sh15 million sponsorship. Menengai Oil Refineries Limited forked out Sh5 million under their brand and title sponsor Top Fry.
Other sponsors include East African Breweries Limited Sh600,000, Standard Media Group Sh1million, Happy Cow Ltd Sh250,000, Safari Cabs Limited Sh250,000, Coca Cola Limited Sh300,000, Prestige Shuttle Sh50,000 and Harleys Limited Sh100,000.
“We will do things differently. We will ensure teams high standard competition,” said Moseti.
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 2 days ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 1 day ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 1 day ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 1 day ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursEliud Kipchoge 1 day ago
- Wanyama speaks about transfer Football 1 day ago
- Mental strength key to Japan's preparation for South Africa clashRugby 1 day ago