More than 40 teams set for Top Fry Great Rift 10 aside championships
At least 40 teams have confirmed participation in the 29th Top Fry Great Rift 10 aside championships set for Nakuru Athletic Club on April 19-21.
Edward Moseti, the tournament director, said the competition includes teams taking part in Kenya Cup league and Kenya Rugby Union Championships whose fixtures will be released on Monday.
The contest has been categorized into Division One and Division Two Championships and the curtain raiser matches will feature schools and women championships.
Age Grade Championships that include Under 12, Under 14 and Under 16 will feature in the first day of the tournament that Standard Group is the media sponsor.
Eight schools, eight women teams and 24 junior sides (boys) have confirmed participation in the schools, women championships and Age Grade Championships respectively.
It has attracted over Sh15 million sponsorship. Menengai Oil Refineries Limited forked out Sh5 million under their brand and title sponsor Top Fry.
Other sponsors include East African Breweries Limited Sh600,000, Standard Media Group Sh1million, Happy Cow Ltd Sh250,000, Safari Cabs Limited Sh250,000, Coca Cola Limited Sh300,000, Prestige Shuttle Sh50,000 and Harleys Limited Sh100,000.
“We will do things differently. We will ensure teams high standard competition,” said Moseti.
- Body of star footballer who perished in lake accident foundFootball 2 weeks ago
- Meet the cute 19-year-old who will cost you Sh14 billionFootball 2 weeks ago
- AFCON: Algeria Vs Guinea betting tip and predictionsFootball 1 week ago
- Zaha shows why Gunners want him as he sends Ivory Coast throughFootball 1 week ago
- Meet Kenyan referee who will officiate AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Varsity don Waweru makes history as first Kenyan centre ref at AfconFootball 2 weeks ago