Basketball: Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa ready for challenge
Coast Region boys’ basketball champions Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa are ready for battle as the national secondary schools Term One games begin tomorrow, in Mombasa.
Aga Khan made it to the national games after they dismissed former national champions Mombasa Baptist 67-44 in an all Mombasa County final affair a fortnight ago.
Shimo La Tewa High School and Shanzu Teachers Training College will host the ball disciplines, while Mbaraki Sports Club and Oshwal Academy, Nyali will host athletics and swimming respectively.
The basketball champions are optimistic of performing better than last year when they face their opponents.
“We are focused on completing a better performance that we did last year,” said team coach Jimnah Kimani.
Last year, Aga Khan Academy, were ranked fifth at the nationals but Kimani said with their current form, they are focused on making it to the final.
The experienced coach will heavily bank on Jordan Sewakirianga and Ramadan Mohammed who produced exceptional ball handling skills at the regional games.
“To be grouped together with champions Laiser Hill is a tall order but were are ready for the challenge ahead. No team should be underrated,” said Kimani.
The tactician added that he has a better team compared to the previous years, saying the boys are determined not to let their fans down.
“We will be at home and we have a duty to give our supporters the best,” said the coach.
“We are in a tough pool but we’re ready,” added Kimani.
Aga Khan are in pool A together with defending champions Laiser Hill Academy, Alliance from Central and Wajir from North Eastern.
- Chelsea star signs new two-year deal at Stamford BridgeFootball 1 week ago
- London Marathon 2019 embroiled in sexism row over finisher t-shirtsAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Sofapaka miss chance to narrow gap on SPL leaders Gor MahiaFootball 3 weeks ago
- Super Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Top 16 most ridiculous quotes by the Swedish powerhouseFootball 1 month ago
- Photos: Mo Salah, Mane and Aubameyang all win Golden BootFootball 1 week ago
- Semenya: I will not take medication to lower my testosterone levelsAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Lukaku may have played his last game for Manchester UnitedFootball 2 weeks ago