Chelsea’s Azpilicueta scores offside goal before Ruben Loftus-Cheek wins it late against Cardiff
Late goals from Cesar Azpilicueta and Ruben Loftus-Cheek helped Chelsea complete a thrilling comeback to beat Cardiff City 2-1 away in the Premier League on Sunday.
With Chelsea heading for an embarrassing defeat against third-bottom Cardiff, their captain Azpilicueta dragged them back into the match with a goal that appeared to be offside.
The visitors then completed the fightback when substitute Loftus-Cheek stormed in at the back post to plant a header in the bottom corner.
Chelsea stayed sixth in the table with 60 points, level with fifth-placed Arsenal, who have played a game fewer, and a point behind Manchester United in fourth.
Chelsea, who started without talisman Eden Hazard and midfielder N'Golo Kante, struggled to create chances and failed to hit a single shot on target in the first half.
Aron Gunnarsson's long-throws for striker Oumar Niasse troubled the Chelsea defence for the majority of the match and it was key to Cardiff's breakthrough just after the interval.
The visitors failed to clear the delivery launched into the box, leaving midfielder Harry Arter to whip the ball back in for Victor Camarasa, who fired a first-time finish into the top corner.
- Solskjaer: Man City are better than Man UnitedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Photos: Roberto Firmino winning Champions League final battleFootball 2 days ago
- Football great Pele released from hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- Why Salah is the reason Man City will win Premier LeaguePremier League 1 month ago
- Why Liverpool will not be given real cup if they win Premier LeagueFootball 1 week ago
- SHOCKING VIDEO: Arnold Schwarzenegger attacked with flying kick in South Africa Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Like father like son: Suarez’s son mimics his father's 2014 World Cup biting incidentFootball 3 weeks ago