â€˜Clubniteâ€™ to usher Standard Classic in Machakos tomorrow
A sizable field is expected tomorrow at the par 72 nine-hole Machakos Sports Club, which tilts 6600 yards during the Clubnite presented by Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) Machakos branch.
This will double up as a curtain-raiser for the Standard County Golf Classic to be played at the same course on Saturday.
According to the resident Pro Kiondo, the course is playing well. The course has been undergoing irrigation at least from 200 yards to the green.
“Our greens were recently top dressed, they are holding and they are true to the putt,” added Pro Kiondo
Among those expected to battle it out for the top honours are the club chairman Sawarn Singh, who has hit top form in recent weeks as well as KNCCI Machakos branch chairman lawyer Bernard Mungatta.
The former speaker of Machakos County Assembly will be up against his national boss Kiprono Kittony in what promises to be a battle of wits.
Low handicappers Jackson Nzioka playing off handicap 4, James Ndunda playing off handicap 3 and Victor Mutui playing off handicap 10 are also expected in action.
Others are former Machakos County Women Representative, also the current Club Lady Captain Dr Susan Musyoka and Dee Kivuva.
The absence of suave senior Sir Charles Mulela, who is mourning the demise of his elder brother, will definitely be felt.
- Arsenal highly unlikely to sign Wilfried Zaha as transfer saga turns uglyFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barca and Man City midfielder Yaya Toure has a new clubFootball 1 month ago