‘Clubnite’ to usher Standard Classic in Machakos tomorrow
A sizable field is expected tomorrow at the par 72 nine-hole Machakos Sports Club, which tilts 6600 yards during the Clubnite presented by Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KNCCI) Machakos branch.
This will double up as a curtain-raiser for the Standard County Golf Classic to be played at the same course on Saturday.
According to the resident Pro Kiondo, the course is playing well. The course has been undergoing irrigation at least from 200 yards to the green.
“Our greens were recently top dressed, they are holding and they are true to the putt,” added Pro Kiondo
Among those expected to battle it out for the top honours are the club chairman Sawarn Singh, who has hit top form in recent weeks as well as KNCCI Machakos branch chairman lawyer Bernard Mungatta.
The former speaker of Machakos County Assembly will be up against his national boss Kiprono Kittony in what promises to be a battle of wits.
Low handicappers Jackson Nzioka playing off handicap 4, James Ndunda playing off handicap 3 and Victor Mutui playing off handicap 10 are also expected in action.
Others are former Machakos County Women Representative, also the current Club Lady Captain Dr Susan Musyoka and Dee Kivuva.
The absence of suave senior Sir Charles Mulela, who is mourning the demise of his elder brother, will definitely be felt.
- Photos: Liverpool Premier League hopes thwarted as Man City retain title Football 1 week ago
- Salah presses Tottenham to give Liverpool crucial winFootball 1 month ago
- Formula One: ‘It’s pain’ - Vettel hits out at Ferrari teamSports 1 month ago
- Arsenal’s new Adidas pre-match kit leaked [Photos]Football 2 weeks ago
- ‘Mafisi’ Kenyan athletes shower female journalist with cashGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Guardiola reacts after cruel Man City exit from Champions LeagueFootball 1 month ago
- Griezmann confirms he is leaving Atletico MadridFootball 6 days ago