Top Fry Nakuru RFC eye Kenya Cup play-offs
Despite 34-17 loss to leaders Kabras Sugar last weekend, Nakuru RFC are keen to make it to Kenya Cup play-offs.
Head coach Mitch Ocholla said it’s not yet time to uncork the champagne as teams that have qualified can equally suffer defeat in the knock out stages.
“Our focus is to make the play-offs cut and the first six teams in the round robin series have an equal chance to win the title. No team should be underrated in this case. We are taking a match at a time as we look forward to the title,” Ocholla said.
Nakuru RFC have two away matches against Mean Machine and Blak Blad in which Ocholla is confident of wins.
Nakuru RFC lie seventh on the log with 37 points from 14 matches behind Kabras Sugar (64), KCB (64), Kenya Harlequins (49) Nondescripts (41), Resolution Impala Saracens (40) and Stanbic Mwamba (39).
“Don’t be shocked to see us in the finals of the Kenya Cup play-offs and possibly win the title. We’ll not underrate them,” said Ocholla.
He’s impressed with the comeback of international fly-half Oscar Ouma whose efforts in their last five matches has been instrumental to the team’s performance.
“Ouma is a team player. He has helped us maintain a winning streak in our past four matches before last weekend’s loss to Kabras Sugar,” he said.
Other players are Edwin Makori, Ezekiel Waitere, Cassius Omollo, Geoffrey Ominde, Phillip Kwame and Ken Mwangi.
- Football: FIFA ready to discuss concussion substitutionsFootball 2 weeks ago
- KCB silence Kabras to retain Kenya CupRugby 2 days ago
- 5 Man United stars that led to Barcelona defeatFootball 1 month ago
- Wazito silence Fortune Sacco to reclaim top spotFootball 1 week ago
- SPL: Gor thump Sony to go eight points clearFootball 1 month ago
- 2019 London Marathon: Kipchoge and Kosgei’s career achievementsAthletics 3 weeks ago
- Man Utd's Champions League hopes ended after Shaw blunderFootball 2 weeks ago