Kenya Pipeline romp into semi-finals after defeating Egypt's Sporting Club
Kenya Pipeline volleyball team has romped into the semi-finals of the 2019 Africa Club Championship being held in Cairo Egypt.
The oil merchants dismissed Egypt's Sporting Club 3-1 of 25-19, 25-27, 25-12 and to be the only team from Sub-Saharan Africa still standing in the competition.
Margaret Indakhala charges warded off the underdogs tag that characterised their appearance at the tournament.
The Industrial area based side lost seven players to arch-rivals Kenya Commercial Bank.
Speaking after the match, captain Triza Atuka said they had watched Sporting play twice and mustered their weakness.
"We realised their centre was inactive and therefore concentrated on scoring from the point," she said.
Indakhala says the task now is to plan for the next opponent.
"We are taking one game at a time," she said.
- Shock as Messi faces two year banFootball 1 month ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 1 month ago
- Man City unveil new kits for 2019/20 season inspired by historic nightclubPremier League 1 month ago
- Meet Arsenal’s new striker – who had several trials at Man United Football 1 month ago
- OFFICIAL: PSG sign former Man United starFootball 1 month ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 month ago