Kenya Pipeline romp into semi-finals after defeating Egypt's Sporting Club
Kenya Pipeline volleyball team has romped into the semi-finals of the 2019 Africa Club Championship being held in Cairo Egypt.
The oil merchants dismissed Egypt's Sporting Club 3-1 of 25-19, 25-27, 25-12 and to be the only team from Sub-Saharan Africa still standing in the competition.
Margaret Indakhala charges warded off the underdogs tag that characterised their appearance at the tournament.
The Industrial area based side lost seven players to arch-rivals Kenya Commercial Bank.
Speaking after the match, captain Triza Atuka said they had watched Sporting play twice and mustered their weakness.
"We realised their centre was inactive and therefore concentrated on scoring from the point," she said.
Indakhala says the task now is to plan for the next opponent.
"We are taking one game at a time," she said.
- Messi will ‘disappear and hide’ against Man Utd, predicts Spanish punditFootball 1 month ago
- Boxing: Anthony Joshua slammed for remarks on RonaldoBoxing 1 month ago
- Xhaka, Aubameyang on target as Arsenal climb over Man United into top 4Football 1 month ago
- Solskjaer: Why we can stop Lionel Messi tonightFootball 1 week ago
- Despite win, Arsenal issue heartfelt apology to Man United’s SmallingPremier League 1 month ago
- Ten-man Gor Mahia edge Tusker 1-0Football 1 month ago
- Raheem Sterling's England's best player on and off the pitchFootball 4 weeks ago