KPC ladies' volleyball team defeat Rwanda Revenue Authority in Africa Club Championship
55 minutes is all KPC ladies' volleyball team needed to dismiss Rwanda's tax collectors Rwanda Revenue Authority in the ongoing 30th edition of the Africa Club Championship for senior women in Cairo, Egypt.
The industrial area based oil merchants registered a convincing 3-0 win over the stubborn tax collectors who last year almost spoilt their party.
KPC head coach Margaret Indakhala said the youth and experience mix has jelled well and predictably will post good results in the championship.
The former Kenyan international said whereas the exit of 7 regulars to KCB affected the initial plan, the onboarding of the youthful setter Esther Mutinda, left attacker Sharon Chepchumba and centre player Gladys Ekaru all from Kwanthanze brought hope to the team.
"At first, it was gloom but now, there is light at the end of the tunnel,” she said.
Captain Triza Atuka predicted a podium finish for the team.
"We have prepared well and I see no reason why we shouldn't sail through all the way to the medal bracket,” she said.
Atuka predicts a formidable opposition from both FAP of Cameroon and Shooting of Egypt. She says come what may, they must surmount the opposition.
"FAP has a very strong defence and that is what we are working on how to dismantle. Otherwise, for Shooting, the usual hardball would suffice," she added.
- 'You are a womanizing liar' – Alexis Sanchez slammed by gorgeous model [Photos]Football 1 month ago
- Manchester United superstars in rift over scoring bonusesFootball 1 week ago
- Unstoppable Mbappe kills off Toulouse resistanceFootball 1 month ago
- Juju man threatens to ‘sew’ KPL club over arrearsGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Arsenal’s new Adidas pre-match kit leaked [Photos]Football 3 weeks ago
- Arsenal fans send disturbing message to Hazard and Kante in bid to force them out of Europa League finalFootball 2 days ago
- Formula One: Hamilton and Bottas warned by Mercedes chiefSports 3 weeks ago