KPC ladies' volleyball team defeat Rwanda Revenue Authority in Africa Club Championship
55 minutes is all KPC ladies' volleyball team needed to dismiss Rwanda's tax collectors Rwanda Revenue Authority in the ongoing 30th edition of the Africa Club Championship for senior women in Cairo, Egypt.
The industrial area based oil merchants registered a convincing 3-0 win over the stubborn tax collectors who last year almost spoilt their party.
KPC head coach Margaret Indakhala said the youth and experience mix has jelled well and predictably will post good results in the championship.
The former Kenyan international said whereas the exit of 7 regulars to KCB affected the initial plan, the onboarding of the youthful setter Esther Mutinda, left attacker Sharon Chepchumba and centre player Gladys Ekaru all from Kwanthanze brought hope to the team.
"At first, it was gloom but now, there is light at the end of the tunnel,” she said.
Captain Triza Atuka predicted a podium finish for the team.
"We have prepared well and I see no reason why we shouldn't sail through all the way to the medal bracket,” she said.
Atuka predicts a formidable opposition from both FAP of Cameroon and Shooting of Egypt. She says come what may, they must surmount the opposition.
"FAP has a very strong defence and that is what we are working on how to dismantle. Otherwise, for Shooting, the usual hardball would suffice," she added.
- Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talentsFootball 1 month ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 1 month ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 month ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 2 months ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 1 month ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 1 month ago