Ulinzi Stars inflict second defeat on Bandari
Leaders Bandari succumbed to their second Sportpesa Premier League defeat after being shot down 2-1 at Afraha Stadium in Nakuru yesterday.
However, Bandari are still at the top of the log with 32 points from 16 matches.
Bandari team manager Wilson Obungu said the defeat had not dampened their quest for a first premiership title.
“The defeat is a lesson for us to be cautious in the remaining matches in pursuit of the title,” he said.
Two goals in the second half by strikers Enosh Ochieng and Ezekiel Okare was all Ulinzi Stars needed to pick maximum points against the ports men in the evenly contested tussle to push them to the tenth position with 21 points.
After a goalless first half where each side missed clear chances, Ulinzi earned the match opener in the 55th minute from the spot kick converted by Ochieng.
Bandari rested defenders Meja and Dan Otewa for strikers Dennis Msagha and David King’atua, which increased the match tempo to disorient Ulinzi Stars backline of Brian Birgen, Omar Ombongi, Boniface Andayi, and Hassan Mohammed.
Shortly, the ports men scored when Yema Mwana divert Kingatua’s powerful free-kick in the 70th minute. Ulinzi Stars had the final say when Okare sneaked through the Bandari defence to net the winner with five minutes to the final whistle.
- What went wrong with Harambee Stars in Egypt?Football 1 month ago
- PHOTOS: Pogba and Lingard in heated fight as Man United land in AustraliaFootball 1 month ago
- Good news for Man United as club ‘agrees terms’ with Portuguese powerhouseGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia complete signing of Rwandese goal machineFootball 1 month ago
- Barcelona superstar 'says yes' to PSG transfer - paving way for Neymar returnFootball 1 month ago
- Gor Mahia to fly Kenyan flag in Kagame CupFootball 1 month ago
- How Kenyan stewards forgot their job as Kariobangi Sharks schooled Everton [Photos]Football 1 month ago