Ulinzi Stars inflict second defeat on Bandari
Leaders Bandari succumbed to their second Sportpesa Premier League defeat after being shot down 2-1 at Afraha Stadium in Nakuru yesterday.
However, Bandari are still at the top of the log with 32 points from 16 matches.
Bandari team manager Wilson Obungu said the defeat had not dampened their quest for a first premiership title.
“The defeat is a lesson for us to be cautious in the remaining matches in pursuit of the title,” he said.
Two goals in the second half by strikers Enosh Ochieng and Ezekiel Okare was all Ulinzi Stars needed to pick maximum points against the ports men in the evenly contested tussle to push them to the tenth position with 21 points.
After a goalless first half where each side missed clear chances, Ulinzi earned the match opener in the 55th minute from the spot kick converted by Ochieng.
Bandari rested defenders Meja and Dan Otewa for strikers Dennis Msagha and David King’atua, which increased the match tempo to disorient Ulinzi Stars backline of Brian Birgen, Omar Ombongi, Boniface Andayi, and Hassan Mohammed.
Shortly, the ports men scored when Yema Mwana divert Kingatua’s powerful free-kick in the 70th minute. Ulinzi Stars had the final say when Okare sneaked through the Bandari defence to net the winner with five minutes to the final whistle.
- Six Legendary comebacks after Tottenham heroics on Wednesday nightFootball 1 week ago
- Boxing: Mayweather vs Pacquiao rematch confirmedBoxing 1 month ago
- Baba na mpira: Raila Odinga, please just buy Gor MahiaFootball 1 month ago
- How Man Utd or Tottenham could land Gareth Bale for free this summerFootball 1 day ago
- Kenyan 800m runner Wambui slams Semenya testosterone rulingAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Kenyan footballer handed 10-year ban by FIFA for match-fixingFootball 3 weeks ago
- Video: Messi caught shoving Liverpool star in the face during Champions League knockout matchFootball 1 week ago