Beyond Zero Half Marathon: Roads to be closed in Nairobi On Sunday
A number of roads in Nairobi County will be closed to motorists on Sunday as Kenyans take part in this year's Beyond Zero Half Marathon.
The event formed by Kenya's First Lady Margaret Kenyatta aims at supporting the Beyond Zero campaign which is known for championing mothers' and children's health in the country.
The city's nine major roads will be affected from midnight until the next afternoon as the event is expected to commence at 6:00 am on Sunday morning.
The motorists and other road users have been urged to use the other available roads for the better part of Sunday.
The roads include:
1. Mombasa Road
2. Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium
3. Aerodrome Road
4. Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya
5. Haile Selassie Roundabout – August 7th Memorial Park
6. Kenyatta Avenue
7. University Way
8. Waiyaki Way
9. Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction
The beyond zero campaign was launched in January 2014 by Her Excellency Margaret Kenyatta the First Lady of the Republic of Kenya.
- Wilfried Zaha breaks silence on Arsenal transfer link and gives fans much-needed hopeFootball 1 month ago
- Big Boys don’t cry: Which way next for Golf Majors?Golf 1 month ago
- Nigeria suffers shock loss to AFCON debutants MadagascarFootball 1 month ago
- Former Barcelona, Man City legend signs for new clubFootball 1 month ago
- Why Wanyama will still be forced out of Tottenham even if Eriksen departsFootball 1 month ago
- Uhuru leads Kenyans in mourning KadengeFootball 1 month ago
- Champions League pitch invader arrested trying to do the same at Copa AmericaFootball 1 month ago