Beyond Zero Half Marathon: Roads to be closed in Nairobi On Sunday
A number of roads in Nairobi County will be closed to motorists on Sunday as Kenyans take part in this year's Beyond Zero Half Marathon.
The event formed by Kenya's First Lady Margaret Kenyatta aims at supporting the Beyond Zero campaign which is known for championing mothers' and children's health in the country.
The city's nine major roads will be affected from midnight until the next afternoon as the event is expected to commence at 6:00 am on Sunday morning.
The motorists and other road users have been urged to use the other available roads for the better part of Sunday.
The roads include:
1. Mombasa Road
2. Lusaka Road – Mombasa Road Junction to the City Stadium
3. Aerodrome Road
4. Bunyala Road – Mombasa Road Junction to Unilever Kenya
5. Haile Selassie Roundabout – August 7th Memorial Park
6. Kenyatta Avenue
7. University Way
8. Waiyaki Way
9. Museum Hill – Waiyaki Way Junction – Ojijo Road/Kipande Road junction
The beyond zero campaign was launched in January 2014 by Her Excellency Margaret Kenyatta the First Lady of the Republic of Kenya.
- Asbel Kiprop now opens up about his women and dopingAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Lewandowski scores brace to book final spot for Bayern MunichFootball 3 weeks ago
- Chance of a lifetime: Liverpool teenager set to make shock debut against BarcelonaFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Iron-man’ is last man standing at third inter-county challenge at Thika Greens.Golf 2 weeks ago
- Pochettino delivers bad news about KaneFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United fans receive good news about Sanchez transferFootball 3 days ago
- Salah calls for change in treatment of women in Muslim worldSports 1 month ago