Mwangi claims victory at DSTV Series
Royal Club’s Peter Mwangi carded an excellent score of 41 stableford points to emerge the overall winner in the first series of the 2019 DSTV Explora golf tournament at the Par 72 Karen Golf course, in Nairobi.
Playing off handicap 10, Mwangi sank a single rare birdie at the par four-12th hole, added 11 level pars against six bogey shots in both nines to claim the victory.
“It has been a good day for me. The course was playing well and I am grateful for the victory," said Mwangi.
Home club’s handicap 21 Anthony Mulinge was the runner-up on a back score of 39 points after tying on points with Vet Lab’s handicap 17 Ken Mariga, who finished third.
The club’s lady captain Nellie Ayodo, playing off handicap 22, won the lady’s title on a countback score of 36 points. She tied on points with her vice-captain handicap 12 Rose Mambo, who was the lady runner-up.
The one-day 18-hole stableford tournament that brought together 134 golfers, was organised and sponsored by MultiChoice Kenya.
MultiChoice Kenya will be broadcasting live this year's Kenya Open, which is now part of the main European Tour.
- Mourinho rejects opportunity to become top club managerFootball 1 month ago
- PSG outclass Man Utd to close on Champions League quartersFootball 4 days ago
- FKF promises to pay Harambee Starlets once government remits cashFootball 3 weeks ago
- Youthful Prisons seal leaking Pipeline as Coach Barasa bags his second title after vital winVolleyball and Handball 2 months ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 1 week ago
- Chelsea eyeing Zinedine Zidane as next managerGossip & Rumours 4 days ago
- Caster Semenya should be classified as male athlete, says IAAFAthletics 3 days ago