Mwangi claims victory at DSTV Series
Royal Club’s Peter Mwangi carded an excellent score of 41 stableford points to emerge the overall winner in the first series of the 2019 DSTV Explora golf tournament at the Par 72 Karen Golf course, in Nairobi.
Playing off handicap 10, Mwangi sank a single rare birdie at the par four-12th hole, added 11 level pars against six bogey shots in both nines to claim the victory.
“It has been a good day for me. The course was playing well and I am grateful for the victory," said Mwangi.
Home club’s handicap 21 Anthony Mulinge was the runner-up on a back score of 39 points after tying on points with Vet Lab’s handicap 17 Ken Mariga, who finished third.
The club’s lady captain Nellie Ayodo, playing off handicap 22, won the lady’s title on a countback score of 36 points. She tied on points with her vice-captain handicap 12 Rose Mambo, who was the lady runner-up.
The one-day 18-hole stableford tournament that brought together 134 golfers, was organised and sponsored by MultiChoice Kenya.
MultiChoice Kenya will be broadcasting live this year's Kenya Open, which is now part of the main European Tour.
- Guardiola: Man City could have lost Premier League after Tottenham gameFootball 1 month ago
- Transfer News LIVE: Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd latest plus Alexis Sanchez gossipFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Mafisi’ Kenyan athletes shower female journalist with cashGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- Mo Salah ends goal drought in dramatic comeback win over SouthamptonFootball 1 month ago
- Man Utd sack reserve team manager in ruthless summer shake-upFootball 2 days ago
- Husband and wife keep getting richer and richer after winning jackpot for third time Sports 2 days ago
- Football: Griezmann's exit leaves Atletico Madrid lostFootball 1 week ago