Bailly going to Arsenal? Man United boss Solskjaer responds brilliantly
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says that "it is not a big surprise" that Arsenal are linked with Eric Bailly, but dismissed the transfer speculation around the Manchester United defender.
Bailly, 24, was reportedly the subject of a rejected enquiry from the Gunners earlier this week, as Unai Emery seeks to remodel his defence.
The Gunners have suffered several injuries to their defenders this season, with the likes of Laurent Koscielny, Sokratis Papastahopoulos and Shokdran Mustafi often never truly inspiring when they're fit.
And although Bailly has suffered injury issues himself, the Gunners boss was apparently lining up a loan deal until the end of the season with a view to the permanent signing of the former Villarreal defender.
But Solskjaer dismissed the interest at his press conference ahead of facing the Gunners in the FA Cup on Friday.
"I'm not surprised if they do, put it that way," he said.
"It's just one of those things. It's just speculation and it's not a big surprise."
Solskjaer added that the club is making progress on new deals for David De Gea and Anthony Martial.
"I think the club is making progress, yeah, but I leave that to the right people to do that," he said.
"I don't really know how far away from it but hopefully we can have some good news in the coming weeks."
- Ole Gunnar reveals why he’s worried about PSG tonight at 11pm Football 1 week ago
- Warning shots: Guardiola tells Liverpool what Man City plan to doPremier League 1 month ago
- Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga “is fine” after appearing unsteady on a podiumFootball 3 weeks ago
- Why Arsene Wenger would be a great Chelsea coachFootball 1 day ago
- Man Utd's Martial, Lingard to miss Chelsea, Liverpool matchesFootball 6 days ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 2 weeks ago
- Mayweather makes Sh915 million in 139 seconds Boxing 1 month ago