New Gor Mahia coach Hassan Oktay has arrived in Nairobi
New Gor Mahia coach Hassan Oktay has arrived in Nairobi.
The Turkish National was received on Sunday morning by Gor Mahia team manager Jolawi Obondo.
“He is here and excited to take over his new role,” Obondo told Game Yetu.
The new coach will be unveiled later this week.
He was expected to meet the players during the season opener fixture between Gor Mahia and Kariobangi Sharks at Kasarani.
The new man is set to replace Dylan Kerr who resigned two weeks ago and has since joined Black Leopards in South Africa.
Oktay worked as an assistant coach at Braintree United in the English lower league.
He holds UEFA A coaching badge which he gained at West Ham United.
His first match on the touchline will be the CAF Champions League return match against Nyasa Bullets of Malawi next Tuesday.
- Returnee Muguna eyes titles with K'ogaloFootball 2 months ago
- Mashemeji derby: Claims about witchcraft in Kenyan football- human body parts being used Football 4 days ago
- Mathare, Gor Mahia and Leopards register winsFootball 1 month ago
- No Love lost: See how hot couples lit up Mashemeji derby [Photos]Football 17 hours ago
- This season’s title push is not a one-off – Liverpool’s future plans revealedFootball 2 weeks ago
- WWE legend passes awaySports 2 months ago
- Arsene Wenger set for return to football with four offers on the tableFootball 1 week ago