Nakuru eye winning start against Strathmore
Two-time Kenya Cup champions Nakuru RFC will be seeking to launch their quest for a third title when the 2018-19 season gets underway this weekend.
Nakuru, who scooped back-to-back titles in 2013 and 2014, start their hunt with an away tie against university side Strathmore Leos on Saturday and head coach Mitch Ocholla is looking forward to the meeting with his former employers.
"We intend to go to Strathmore and start with a win because I foresee a very competitive season and every match will be important," Ocholla told The Standard Sports.
Wanyore, as they are popularly known in local rugby circles, warmed up for the season with friendly matches against local rivals Menengai Oilers and Kabras Sugar.
They also graced the three-week Impala Floodlit tournament, going down to Kenya Harlequin in the plate semi finals.
"We have made some interesting signings, bringing in very promising players and I just hope they will enjoy their debut in the team's colours this weekend as we aim for a winning start," Ocholla said.
Utility back Duncan Abuyeka is among the new acquisitions at the Nakuru-based club while they have parted ways with the key duo of Monate Akuei and Henry Ayah.
- Monaco suspend coach Thierry HenryFootball 3 weeks ago
- WWE legend passes awaySports 2 months ago
- Jose Mourinho gets Sh2.5b in compensationFootball 5 days ago
- Photos released: Body visible in wreckage of plane carrying Emiliano SalaFootball 2 weeks ago
- ‘Sometimes my body just says no’ – De Bruyne opens up on injuriesPremier League 2 weeks ago
- Football commentator 'apologises' for racist comment during Talksport FA Cup broadcastFootball 1 day ago
- Aleksander Ceferin re-elected UEFA presidentFootball 1 week ago