Jose Mourinho slammed by Paul Scholes over 'classless' Juventus celebration
Manchester United legend Paul Scholes hit out at Jose Mourinho over his celebrations after the win over Juventus.
Mourinho raced onto the pitch at full-time in Turin and cupped his ears to the home support after being taunted during the game.
Cristiano Ronaldo had volleyed Juve ahead in the Champions League clash against his former club.
But Juan Mata curled United level late on before Ashley Young's free-kick was turned into his own net by Alex Sandro.
Mourinho's celebration angered a number of Juve players as he clashed with Leonardo Bonucci and Paulo Dybala before eventually being shepherded down the tunnel.
And United legend Scholes, who Mourinho has clashed with on several occasions was not impressed.
"This is everywhere he goes. You need to win with a bit of class," Scholes said on BT Sport.
"Shake the manager's hand, go over and clap your fans. I don't think there's any need for it but that's the way he is."
Fellow pundit Owen Hargreaves added: "It's not necessary but it's a remarkable result and it's a big week for United and Mourinho."
Mourinho played down his behaviour though, having made a three-fingered gesture to the Juve fans in the clash at Old Trafford a fortnight ago.
On his behaviour, Mourinho said: "The game was a very good game. It was top. We performed at a high level.
"We had about five minutes after that goal to wake up again but the team was there until the last.
"On a beautiful Italian day, they insulted me for 90 minutes. I know millions are happy with the win. But I respect Juventus and the quality they have.
"I am really proud of my boys because they did everything."
- Ronaldo celebrates with Mayweather after Juventus win [Photos]Football 15 hours ago
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 1 day ago
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 1 day ago
- Snow maintains Tour lead Golf 1 day ago
- Blast from the past: Look who’s training with Man United [Photos]Football 8 hours ago
- Mourinho takes dig at fellow bosses Klopp and PochettinoFootball 2 hours ago
- Oliech comes off the bench to inspire GorFootball 23 hours ago