Cristiano Ronaldo criticises Man Utd following Juventus' defeat to former club
Cristiano Ronaldo criticised former club Manchester United following Juventus' Champions League defeat.
The Portuguese scored his first European club for Juve when he lashed a volley past David De Gea during the second half.
But Juan Mata's free-kick levelled the scores before Alex Sandro turned Ashley Young's free-kick into his own net to complete the turnaround.
Ronaldo insisted Juve deserved all three points from the game and even aimed a dig at his former club.
"I was happy with the goal but we are disappointed because we should win the game easily, by three or four goals," he told Viasport.
"Manchester didn't do much, they created two chances from set pieces. English teams are always looking for set pieces.
"But we will learn from our mistakes and we are still top of the group and we are good."
Juve have been tipped as one of the favourites to win the competition this term to continue Ronaldo's incredible record.
He has won the Champions League in the last three seasons at Real Madrid but believes it is far too soon to be touting potential winners.
"It is too early. We have to take it step by step," the Portuguese superstar added.
'We are a good team but it is a long way to the final. These people and the club dream of winning the Champions League but we take it step by step."
United's late winner was met with jubilant scenes on the away bench as Jose Mourinho celebrated wildly.
He also raced onto the pitch at the final whistle and cupped his ear to the Juventus fans after being taunted throughout the game.
- Floyd Mayweather relaxes in Hong Kong as Pacquiao inks new deal [photos]Boxing 1 month ago
- Inside Messi's training: Barcelona star wears camera to offer fans incredible insight [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Russia international footballers jailed for hooliganismFootball 2 weeks ago
- Champions League: How Manchester United can beat BarcelonaFootball 1 month ago
- Ten things you didn’t know about Tiger WoodsGolf 1 month ago
- Touch of class: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil rewards Kenyan boy for second timeFootball 6 days ago
- Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle: Gunners move third with clinical victory Football 1 month ago