Antonio Rudiger warns 'misfiring' Chelsea attack they can't become over-reliant on Eden Hazard
Antonio Rudiger has taken aim at Chelsea's strikers, as he fears the Blues are becoming too reliant on Eden Hazard.
Hazard has been in sensational early season form, scoring seven goals in eight games thus far.
Six of Chelsea's last nine Premier League goals have been scored by the Belgian international, who also bagged a sensational winner in last week's Carabao Cup success at Liverpool.
However, amid Hazard's fine start to the campaign, Olivier Giroud has failed to score in seven appearances and Alvaro Morata has managed just a solitary strike in nine; Spanish winger Pedro Rodriguez has bagged three in seven while Willian has two in 10.
Maurizio Sarri's side have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the season - bar the Community Shield loss to Manchester City - but Germany international Rudiger has called on his side's other attackers to step up to the plate.
"We need to learn to kill matches,” said Rudiger. "It’s not only on Eden’s shoulders. We need the other players to help him with scoring.
"He has been doing his job very well again, but the other guys must score too – Giroud, Morata, Willian have to score. As a team all of us have to provide more goals, the defenders as well.
"At the end of the day the best scorers are Hazard and Pedro, but with the quality of players we have on the pitch, it’s not too good."
Chelsea face Hungarian side Vidi in the Europa League on Thursday at Stamford Bridge, with Hazard likely to be rested ahead of the weekend clash with Southampton.
- FA Cup: Manchester United beat Tranmere 6-0Football 1 day ago
- Tusker Safari Tour golf: Greg Snow digs in for a fight heading into third round at Sigona todayGolf 18 hours ago
- Arsenal’s injury crisis worsens at Bournemouth Football 9 hours ago
- Another NBA star passes away 'unexpectedly'Basketball 6 hours ago
- Shujaa miss semi-final berth in Hamilton 7s contestRugby 2 days ago
- Reports: Spanish defender in London for Arsenal medicalFootball 1 day ago
- KPL: Kakamega Homeboyz leapfrog Tusker, Wazito’s woes continueFootball 18 hours ago