Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly match will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6
English Premier League side Everton FC’s match versus Gor Mahia will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6.
Tickets for this highly anticipated fixture on Kenya’s football calendar go for £5 (Ksh650) for adults and £1(Ksh130) for those under 18 or over 65 years old.
All the proceeds from the friendly will be channeled to Everton in The Community, the charity arm of the top EPL club.
The exhibition match is the first time for a Kenyan club to play an EPL side on English soil.
Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly
Gor Mahia got the chance to play Everton after retaining its SportPesa Super Cup title during this year’s edition held in Nakuru, Kenya from June 3-10, 2018.
The knockout tournament involved eight teams by invitation. They were Zanzibar’s League titleholder Jeshi La Kujenga Uchumi, Tanzania’s giants Yanga FC, Simba SC, Singida and Kenya’s Gor Mahia, AFC Leopards, Kariobangi Sharks and Kakamega Homeboyz.
Gor Mahia beat Simba SC 2-0 to retain the title and earn a trip to Goodison Park, Everton’s home stadium at Liverpool, UK.
Gor is the first SportPesa Premier League club to play on UK soil and the second local team to do so after the SportPesa AllStars team that took on Hull City at KCOM stadium on February 27, 2017.
The AllStars team was made up of players drawn from different SportPesa Premier League Clubs.
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 3 days ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 18 hours ago
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 23 hours ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 22 hours ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Berlin show whets Kenya’s super SundayAthletics 4 days ago