Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly match will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6
English Premier League side Everton FC’s match versus Gor Mahia will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6.
Tickets for this highly anticipated fixture on Kenya’s football calendar go for £5 (Ksh650) for adults and £1(Ksh130) for those under 18 or over 65 years old.
All the proceeds from the friendly will be channeled to Everton in The Community, the charity arm of the top EPL club.
The exhibition match is the first time for a Kenyan club to play an EPL side on English soil.
Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly
Gor Mahia got the chance to play Everton after retaining its SportPesa Super Cup title during this year’s edition held in Nakuru, Kenya from June 3-10, 2018.
The knockout tournament involved eight teams by invitation. They were Zanzibar’s League titleholder Jeshi La Kujenga Uchumi, Tanzania’s giants Yanga FC, Simba SC, Singida and Kenya’s Gor Mahia, AFC Leopards, Kariobangi Sharks and Kakamega Homeboyz.
Gor Mahia beat Simba SC 2-0 to retain the title and earn a trip to Goodison Park, Everton’s home stadium at Liverpool, UK.
Gor is the first SportPesa Premier League club to play on UK soil and the second local team to do so after the SportPesa AllStars team that took on Hull City at KCOM stadium on February 27, 2017.
The AllStars team was made up of players drawn from different SportPesa Premier League Clubs.
- Mathare United emulate Gor by exporting one of their brightest talentsFootball 2 weeks ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 week ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 1 month ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago