Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly match will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6
English Premier League side Everton FC’s match versus Gor Mahia will be played at 10 pm Kenyan time on November 6.
Tickets for this highly anticipated fixture on Kenya’s football calendar go for £5 (Ksh650) for adults and £1(Ksh130) for those under 18 or over 65 years old.
All the proceeds from the friendly will be channeled to Everton in The Community, the charity arm of the top EPL club.
The exhibition match is the first time for a Kenyan club to play an EPL side on English soil.
Everton vs Gor Mahia Friendly
Gor Mahia got the chance to play Everton after retaining its SportPesa Super Cup title during this year’s edition held in Nakuru, Kenya from June 3-10, 2018.
The knockout tournament involved eight teams by invitation. They were Zanzibar’s League titleholder Jeshi La Kujenga Uchumi, Tanzania’s giants Yanga FC, Simba SC, Singida and Kenya’s Gor Mahia, AFC Leopards, Kariobangi Sharks and Kakamega Homeboyz.
Gor Mahia beat Simba SC 2-0 to retain the title and earn a trip to Goodison Park, Everton’s home stadium at Liverpool, UK.
Gor is the first SportPesa Premier League club to play on UK soil and the second local team to do so after the SportPesa AllStars team that took on Hull City at KCOM stadium on February 27, 2017.
The AllStars team was made up of players drawn from different SportPesa Premier League Clubs.
- Man United fans left fuming by what Arsenal have done ahead of FA Cup tieFootball 4 hours ago
- Tottenham star arrested on suspicion of assaulting girlfriendPremier League 6 hours ago
- Warning shots: Guardiola tells Liverpool what Man City plan to doPremier League 1 day ago
- Snow maintains lead as Opati chargesGolf 1 day ago
- Gor Mahia want to take a hike up Mount KenyaFootball 17 hours ago
- Chelsea hunt for Fabregas replacement as Paredes ‘agrees terms’Gossip & Rumours 3 hours ago
- Golf-Weekend clubs round up results: Courageous junior girl Jamal floors veterans at NyaliGolf 2 days ago