The man who inherited Cristiano Ronaldo’s jersey at Real Madrid - Mariano Diaz
Real Madrid had a summer-long search to find Cristiano Ronaldo's replacement.
The Portuguese decided his time was up at the Bernabeu as he completed a stunning move to Juventus.
Would it be Eden Hazard to replace him? What about Neymar? Kylian Mbappe, perhaps?
It turned out to be none of those as Real instead exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Mariano from Lyon.
The 25-year-old faces a huge battle to fill the void left by Ronaldo and his task may be even harder after he was handed Real's prestigious No.7 jersey - the number left behind by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
Before Ronaldo it was worn by legendary striker Raul, who inherited from Emilio Butragueno.
Quite the list and some Real fans aren't happy at the decision to hand Mariano the shirt.
He could make his second debut for the club against Leganes on Saturday.
- Golf: Why you should know your ballsGolf 2 hours ago
- Son and mum put best stick forwardHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez blasted for poor performanceFootball 6 hours ago
- What’s left of Conseslus Kipruto’s car after Tuesday night crash? [Photos]Athletics 4 days ago
- Aged 51, George Weah comes out of retirement [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Kenya beat Malawi in a friendly matchFootball 1 week ago
- Swimming: Kioko stars in Coast Novice galaSports 20 hours ago