The man who inherited Cristiano Ronaldo’s jersey at Real Madrid - Mariano Diaz
Real Madrid had a summer-long search to find Cristiano Ronaldo's replacement.
The Portuguese decided his time was up at the Bernabeu as he completed a stunning move to Juventus.
Would it be Eden Hazard to replace him? What about Neymar? Kylian Mbappe, perhaps?
It turned out to be none of those as Real instead exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Mariano from Lyon.
The 25-year-old faces a huge battle to fill the void left by Ronaldo and his task may be even harder after he was handed Real's prestigious No.7 jersey - the number left behind by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
Before Ronaldo it was worn by legendary striker Raul, who inherited from Emilio Butragueno.
Quite the list and some Real fans aren't happy at the decision to hand Mariano the shirt.
He could make his second debut for the club against Leganes on Saturday.
- Weekend clubs round up: Rookie Ondeng’a leaves veterans stunned Golf 1 day ago
- Golf: Ndung’u wins inaugural LSK tournament in Nakuru Golf 1 day ago
- Golf: Nderitu wins 2018 Vet Lab Captain prizeGolf 1 day ago
- Arsenal star set for shock exitFootball 2 hours ago
- Real Madrid plotting shock move for Manchester United starFootball 2 hours ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 21 hours ago
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 2 days ago