The man who inherited Cristiano Ronaldo’s jersey at Real Madrid - Mariano Diaz
Real Madrid had a summer-long search to find Cristiano Ronaldo's replacement.
The Portuguese decided his time was up at the Bernabeu as he completed a stunning move to Juventus.
Would it be Eden Hazard to replace him? What about Neymar? Kylian Mbappe, perhaps?
It turned out to be none of those as Real instead exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Mariano from Lyon.
The 25-year-old faces a huge battle to fill the void left by Ronaldo and his task may be even harder after he was handed Real's prestigious No.7 jersey - the number left behind by the five-time Ballon d'Or winner.
Before Ronaldo it was worn by legendary striker Raul, who inherited from Emilio Butragueno.
Quite the list and some Real fans aren't happy at the decision to hand Mariano the shirt.
He could make his second debut for the club against Leganes on Saturday.
- Pogba’s Man United future in fresh doubt as Barcelona plan 'full-scale assault' Premier League 22 hours ago
- Kenya Open: Kibet and Okutoyi win Kenya Open titlesTennis 8 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 1 day ago
- Find out why Wayne Rooney is facing losses of around Sh700 millionFootball 22 hours ago
- Why Jose Mourinho desperately needs to beat Watford ruthlessly todayPremier League 1 week ago
- Former Liverpool star forced to retire aged 29Football 3 days ago
- Man United fans worldwide lose patience with Pogba after ‘disrespectful’ tweetPremier League 2 weeks ago