Kiambu County dethrone Nakuru in basketball
Kiambu County won the men basketball title as Kenya Inter Counties Sports and Cultural Association games entered the fourth day yesterday at various venues in Kisii County.
It was sweet revenge for Kiambu as they won the hotly contested final match 40-29 against Nakuru County who beat them in the final last year in Machakos.
Kiambu coach Peter Kimani said they played a tactical match and it paid off.
“This is sweet victory, we had perfect teamwork not forgetting a solid fan base who stayed with us all through from the group stages,” Kimani said.
In the women’s category Nakuru beat Uasin Gishu County 43-21 to clinch the tittle.
In men football, Dennis Munyansi and Eric Mureke scored a goal each as Bungoma County beat Meru 2-0 to book a slot in the semi-finals.
In the other quarter-final match played at Gusii stadium, Peter Omanwa scored the only for Kisii County in the 70th minute to send the home team into the final at the expense of Nairobi.
The stadium turned into frenzy as the home boys sailed through to the semi-finals where they faced Bungoma.
Machakos beat Kiambu 1-0 while Nakuru edged out Trans Nzoia 2-1 in the other two quarter finals.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 10 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 11 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 8 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 5 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 12 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 3 days ago
- Usain Bolt can be good defender – World Cup-winning coachFootball 1 week ago