Kiambu County dethrone Nakuru in basketball
Kiambu County won the men basketball title as Kenya Inter Counties Sports and Cultural Association games entered the fourth day yesterday at various venues in Kisii County.
It was sweet revenge for Kiambu as they won the hotly contested final match 40-29 against Nakuru County who beat them in the final last year in Machakos.
Kiambu coach Peter Kimani said they played a tactical match and it paid off.
“This is sweet victory, we had perfect teamwork not forgetting a solid fan base who stayed with us all through from the group stages,” Kimani said.
In the women’s category Nakuru beat Uasin Gishu County 43-21 to clinch the tittle.
In men football, Dennis Munyansi and Eric Mureke scored a goal each as Bungoma County beat Meru 2-0 to book a slot in the semi-finals.
In the other quarter-final match played at Gusii stadium, Peter Omanwa scored the only for Kisii County in the 70th minute to send the home team into the final at the expense of Nairobi.
The stadium turned into frenzy as the home boys sailed through to the semi-finals where they faced Bungoma.
Machakos beat Kiambu 1-0 while Nakuru edged out Trans Nzoia 2-1 in the other two quarter finals.
- European tour professionals to play Kenyan amateur golfersGolf 15 hours ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 1 month ago
- Oliech comes off the bench to inspire GorFootball 4 hours ago
- Torreira breaks Huddersfield hearts with late Arsenal winnerFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal star out for rest of the seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Tottenham fan arrested after throwing banana at Arsenal's Aubameyang Football 1 month ago
- Remember Ryan Babel? He has now joined FulhamPremier League 13 hours ago