Makueni beats Kisumu in sitting volleyball tourney
The newly created sitting volleyball game continued on Thursday (today) at Makueni Boys, Makueni County where Makueni beat Kisumu team 3-0.
Following the win, Makueni male volleyball team entered in the tournament’s knock out stages.
Speaking to Kenya Para volleyball federation Secretary General Justus Katumo said they are in a move to select the best players from the games to represent Kenya in the coming international event that will be held in 2019.
“We want to get the best teams that will represent Kenya in the next competition since after this we will be going for a final tournament in Machakos where we will get 12 males and 12 ladies to represent us in international event come 2019”, said Katumo.
However, the Secretary General said they had identified and sealed cracks in the teams after getting edged out in Rwanda last year.
“We didn’t make it in the past international tournament but this round we are going to qualify since we have every other chance to qualify”, he added.
The technical director, para-volley Kenya, Mr. Vitalis Ojuku who doubles to be the head coach Makueni sitting volleyball team after winning said that he expected his team to perfume exemplary after thorough practice.
“In our first time while in Meru County my male team finished in position 3 and ladies position 2 but when we went to Mombasa we met around 26 teams where we got experience and I believe we are going to win, we can’t let all the gold, bronze and silver to go away and we are the host”, said Vitalis.
The tournament has brought together 14 teams, 7 for the male category and 7 teams for ladies from Makueni, Nairobi, Siaya, and Kisumu among other Counties.
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 week ago
- Atletico Madrid sign Man United target for for Sh15 billion Football 2 weeks ago
- Drama as Mane scores, misses penalty as Senegal knock out UgandaFootball 1 week ago
- Life and times of Joe Kadenge [Photos]Football 1 week ago
- Everton to face Kariobangi Sharks in Kenya on July 7Football 2 months ago
- Solskjaer sends powerful message to Pogba on leaving Man United Football 1 week ago
- How Morocco sank Ivory Coast again at AFCONFootball 2 weeks ago