Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- JESUS WEPT! Brazil superstar punches VAR before breaking down in tearsFootball 1 month ago
- AFCON: Ighalo seeks to burst South African bubbleFootball 1 month ago
- Moussa Dembele makes Man Utd transfer decision amid Liverpool and Arsenal interestFootball 2 months ago
- Points to catch Safari Rally action today for freeSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea fans react after Lampard’s appointment as managerFootball 1 month ago
- Messi fumes at Copa America Football 1 month ago