Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Transfer news: PSG superstar departs clubFootball 2 weeks ago
- I'M BACK: Petr Cech returns to ChelseaFootball 4 days ago
- 10 Premier League players that could be sold this summerFootball 2 months ago
- Haile Gebrselassie responds to Mo Farah’s theft allegationsAthletics 2 months ago
- Gor Mahia a game away from winning 2019 league titleFootball 1 month ago
- Pochettino delivers bad news about KaneFootball 2 months ago
- Two fans injured in Baku before Europa League final Football 3 weeks ago