Former 400M world champion Nicholas Bett is dead
Eldoret, Kenya: Former 400 meters hurdles world champion Nicholas Bett has died in a road accident in Lessos, Nandi County. The family and Nandi police boss Patrick Wambani have confirmed.
The athlete is said to have lost control of his vehicle which rolled along the Eldoret-Kapsabet road.
Police boss Patrick Wambani said Bett was driving home from Nairobi after returning from Nigeria where he participated in the just-concluded African Athletics Championships.
In 2015 Nicholas Bett became the first Kenyan to win a gold in hurdles during the world competition that was held in Beijing, China.
- Chelsea eyeing Zinedine Zidane as next managerGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Sala’s dog still patiently waiting for the striker to come home, his sister shares a heartbreaking photo Football 2 weeks ago
- Returnee Muguna eyes titles with K'ogaloFootball 2 months ago
- Caster Semenya: On top of the world…but…Athletics 17 hours ago
- Major Champions League rule change that could affect Premier League clubsFootball 1 week ago
- Here’s the BIG EPL MATCH KTN Home Channel will be broadcasting LIVE TODAY! Football 2 months ago
- No cracking despite sleepless nights – Chelsea coach Sarri vowsPremier League 2 weeks ago