How Manchester United missed opportunity to sign Mbappe for just £5m
Kylian Mbappe is in line to win the World Cup Golden Ball after an excellent tournament in Russia.
The Frenchman is the hottest property in world football at the moment and will complete his permanent move to PSG this summer.
But things could have been very different for Mbappe - who could have ended up at Manchester United.
Former assistant boss Ryan Giggs revealed last year that he had watched Mbappe in action and had been very impressed with his performances.
He even urged the club's transfer chiefs to go all out to get the teenager, who would have been available for a cut-price fee.
"I watched Mbappe play a year ago" said Giggs speaking to The Times chief football correspondent, Oliver Kay last year.
"I was watching him and Gabriel Jesus with the chief scout and it was a no-brainer. It was just like, 'Get them'.
"It would have cost £5million or something - get them, loan them back - and that's where the recruitment could have been better.
"I know what a Manchester United player looks like."
Unfortunately, United didn't get their man and he will seal a £166m move to PSG this summer.
- Chelsea 2-2 Manchester United: Last gasp Barkley strike saves ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Liverpool's Mane undergoes hand surgeryFootball 3 days ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 2 days ago
- Barcelona star lined up by Arsenal for shock January loanFootball 20 minutes ago
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 3 days ago
- Wanyama: This is our timeFootball 3 days ago
- National league action now heads to NakuruVolleyball and Handball 3 days ago