Cosby knocks out KDF's Okong'o
George Cosby of Kenya Police made a formidable start by knocking out experienced Edwin Okong’o of Kenya Defence Forces in the second round of the middleweight bout as the first leg of the National Boxing League boxed-off at Madison Square Garden in Nakuru on Thursday.
Cosby, who started the match as an underdog, surprised fans who jammed the auditorium with hard hitting jabs that easily found the target. And as the match progressed, it was becoming apparent Okong’o could not match the skills of the inexperienced policeman who equally retaliated with ferocious punches in equal measure.
- Champions League: Late Firmino strike gives Liverpool 3-2 win over PSGFootball 6 hours ago
- Athletics: Kinyua appointed Meru Sports Council chiefAthletics 7 hours ago
- Two football fields on top of a church building in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Motorsport: Weekend Hill Climb competition postponed due to unforeseen reasonsSports 7 hours ago
- Basketball: KPA’s trip to Tanzania in doubtBasketball 6 hours ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 1 day ago
- KPL: Sharks maul limping Leopards in MachakosFootball 7 hours ago