Cheruiyot, Kimitei and Nyairera earn promotions
Kenya Prisons Service has promoted their three elite athletes for posting good performance.
The athletes have been elavated from Prisons Constables (PC) to Corporal Prisons (CP).
World and Commonwealth 1500m silver medalist Timothy Cheruiyot, All Africa Games 10,000m silver medalist Wilfred Kimitei and Margaret Nyairera, the Olympic 800m bronze medalist, have been promoted.
World junior 3000m steeplechase record holder and Africa Cross country champion Cellphine Chespol, who was enlisted into Kenya Prisons Service last year, has not completed the mandatory two-year probation to be considered for the promotion.
Isaiah Osugo, the Commissioner General for Kenya Prisons, said the promotions were on merit and based on their performances in occasions where they put Kenya Prisons and the country in the world map.
“As for you Chespol, you will get the promotion once you get a confirmation upon the completion of two years of service,” he said.
He paid glowing tribute to Kenya Prisons’ sports personalities for raising the profile of the corrective department.
In the next recruitment of service men and women, Osugo said, they will set aside an allocation for the recruitment of talented sports personalities to appreciate sporting talent in the country.
“Talented and upcoming sporting personalities should turn up for recruitment during the next exercise but should be exceptionally good as we intend to recruit the best,” he said.
Osugo announced the promotions yesterday at Prisons headquarters.
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 11 hours ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 6 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo red card: What Juventus star said to referee revealedFootball 12 hours ago
- Yaya Toure’s agent leaves fans shocked with latest ‘witchdoctor’ tweet on GuardiolaPremier League 10 hours ago
- Kipchoge has extra-ordinary muscular and mental strength – renowned athletics coachAthletics 14 hours ago
- Gary Neville warns Paul Pogba, fuels transfer speculationPremier League 1 week ago
- Jose Mourinho explains why his captain will not play against Young Boys tonight Football 1 day ago