John Cena teaming up with Jackie Chan in new action movie
WWE great John Cena is teaming up with kung fu legend Jackie Chan in a new action move.
The 16-time world champion has been cast to replace Sylvester Stallone, who dropped out of the project for undisclosed reasons.
According to Deadline.com, the 41-year-old will try to fill Sly's big boots in a film set in the Middle East with the working title Project X.
The plot centres around a Chinese private security contractor (Chan), trying to stop attackers from stealing oil from a refinery in Baghdad.
He uncovers a conspiracy and teams up with an American ex-Marine, played by Cena, who conveniently lives in Iraq, teaching orphans.
Deadline.com says the Marine was fooled by the villains into thinking he was working to seize illegally-gained Chinese assets.
But when he learns he's been duped, he partners up with the Chinese Snow Leopard Commando to bring down the plotters.
The film will be directed by Scott Waugh (Need for Speed) and produced by a team including 64-year-old martial arts master Chan.
It will be interesting to see whether the innovative Chan asks Cena to display some of the moves and stunts he's learned in a WWE ring.
Cena is a busy man - his show Dallas & Robo has launched on YouTube Red and he’ll soon be seen in the Transformers Spinoff Bumblebee.
There is no word at this time on when Project X will begin filming.
- Jose Mourinho sends harsh message to Manchester United players Football 2 days ago
- Lukaku on his Man Utd futureFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 4 days ago
- Arsenal star out for rest of the seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Blast from the past: Look who’s training with Man United [Photos]Football 5 days ago
- Debutants Bandari ship out TZ’s Singida United: Dockers await winner between Yanga and Kariobangi SharksFootball 2 hours ago
- LaLiga committed to growth of Kenyan Premier LeagueFootball 1 month ago