Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Official Harambee Stars betting partner unveiledFootball 1 month ago
- ‘Floyd will return soon’ says fatherBoxing 2 weeks ago
- Mourinho explains reasons behind Pogba row prior to Man United sackingFootball 1 month ago
- Super Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Top 16 most ridiculous quotes by the Swedish powerhouseFootball 1 week ago
- Football: Pogba wants 'happy coach' Solskjaer to stayPremier League 1 month ago
- President Magufuli gifts national team players with pieces of land after AFCON qualificationFootball 3 weeks ago
- Six African players who could win the Champions LeagueFootball 1 month ago