Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 17 hours ago
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 22 minutes ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 17 hours ago
- Dortmund’s Pulisic not for saleFootball 18 hours ago
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 1 day ago
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 2 days ago
- Kite wins Spain cross country, Zakayo finishes secondAthletics 17 hours ago