Boston Marathon evokes memories of bloody event that claimed lives and maimed many
It is 5 years after a terrorist attacked runners and fans at a Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured 147 others.
Kenya’s defending champions Geoffrey Kirui, Edna Kiplagat as well as the 2015 winner Caroline Rotich are flying the country’s flag.
While the event is worth attention and has received enough acclamation, the bombing of the 2013 has sparked a fountain of tributes.
Families, individuals and marathon enthusiasts are sending messages of tribute to the victims amidst tightened security aimed at securing the next event in US soil.
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 3 days ago
- Paul Pogba showers Jose Mourinho with praise following Champions League winFootball 18 hours ago
- Gor Mahia fined – again!Football 23 hours ago
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Kenya, Zambia battle for glorySports 4 weeks ago
- FIFA to broadcasters: Stop focusing on 'hot women' in the crowd during World CupWorld Cup 2018 2 months ago
- Lukaku sends powerful message to fans about Mourinho’s emotionsFootball 6 days ago