KISE hit Mosoriot to lift men’s goalball title
Kenya Institute of Special Education (KISE) are the new men's Teachers Training College goalball champions.
The Nairobi Region trainees dominated the games dethroning last year’s winners Mosoriot as this year's championships entered day two yesterday at Eregi.
KISE defeated Mosoriot 12-2 and Asumbi 16-3 to snatch the bragging rights.
However, KISE's women team was unlucky as they lost 4-3 to Asumbi in their opening match. Mosoriot women remain on course to retaining their title following their emphatic 12-5 victory against Asumbi in their opener.
Today they will play KISE and a victory in the match will see them extend their reign in the sport.
Hosts Eregi are close to reaping big after qualifying for the handball finals (men and women) as well as women basketball and netball finals.
Eregi, who are seeking to defend their women’s handball title, thrashed rivals Asumbi 38-13 to book a date with Kericho, who beat Kamwenja 21-14 to advance to the final.
In basketball final, Eregi will meet 10-time champions Asumbi, hoping to end Asumbi’s dominance. Eregi dismissed Meru 52-29 in the semifinal, while Asumbi overpowered Moi Teachers Training College Baringo 45-33 to inch closer to retaining the title.
Asumbi will lock horns with Muranga in the men’s basketball final as they chase their 10th title on the trot.
- Dispatch from Dar: Tanzania Police preach road safetyFootball 10 hours ago
- Guardiola unhappy as City keep pace with Liverpool in Huddersfield winFootball 13 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Boxer suffers horror cut during undercard of Pacquiao's WBA welterweight title defenceBoxing 15 hours ago
- Huge boost for Chelsea as they land top Juventus strikerGossip & Rumours 4 days ago
- “It didn’t help the players at all” – Gor Mahia coach Oktay slams Kerr’s tacticsFootball 2 days ago
- Cricket: Swamibapa continue with winning ways in NPCA T20 leagueCricket 10 hours ago