Juventus 2 - 2 Tottenham: Tottenham battle back to earn 2-2 draw at Juve
Tottenham Hotspur recovered from conceding twice in the opening nine minutes to secure a 2-2 draw away to Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie on Tuesday.
Gonzalo Higuain struck for Juve after two minutes and again from the penalty spot after nine as Tottenham were rocked, but the visitors responded in impressive fashion.
Harry Kane fired home in the 35th minute to halve the deficit -- the first goal Juventus have conceded in 2018 -- before Higuain wasted the chance to score a hat-trick when his penalty on the stroke of halftime hit the crossbar.
Tottenham were rewarded for their endeavour when Christian Eriksen's free kick levelled it up in the 71st minute, meaning the London club will fancy their chances of knocking out last year's runners-up in next month's second leg at Wembley.
- Former Manchester United star lands coaching job at English clubFootball 5 days ago
- President Yoweri Museveni bans betting in UgandaFootball 3 weeks ago
- Jose Mourinho gets Sh2.5b in compensationFootball 1 day ago
- Chelsea vs Manchester United FA Cup clash date revealedFootball 2 weeks ago
- Weekend clubs round up results: Mugure braves strong winds to bag victoryGolf 5 days ago
- Who says Kenyan athletes can’t fall in love? You’re wrong [Photos]Athletics 1 week ago
- Man from Meru wins Sh432, 877 after betting with only 10 shillingsSports 1 week ago