Juventus 2 - 2 Tottenham: Tottenham battle back to earn 2-2 draw at Juve
Tottenham Hotspur recovered from conceding twice in the opening nine minutes to secure a 2-2 draw away to Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie on Tuesday.
Gonzalo Higuain struck for Juve after two minutes and again from the penalty spot after nine as Tottenham were rocked, but the visitors responded in impressive fashion.
Harry Kane fired home in the 35th minute to halve the deficit -- the first goal Juventus have conceded in 2018 -- before Higuain wasted the chance to score a hat-trick when his penalty on the stroke of halftime hit the crossbar.
Tottenham were rewarded for their endeavour when Christian Eriksen's free kick levelled it up in the 71st minute, meaning the London club will fancy their chances of knocking out last year's runners-up in next month's second leg at Wembley.
- Why Salah is the reason Man City will win Premier LeaguePremier League 1 month ago
- How Liverpool have forced Real Madrid to change Hazard transfer plansFootball 1 week ago
- Paris Marathon: Sunday event to attract 60,000 competitors Athletics 1 month ago
- Man Utd and Arsenal battle it out for goalkeeping sensationFootball 3 weeks ago
- Messi held behind by anti-doping testers after Liverpool defeatFootball 2 weeks ago
- USIU book semis after win over PiratesRugby 1 month ago
- Facts you need to know about EPL title race ahead of epic run-inFootball 1 month ago