Juventus 2 - 2 Tottenham: Tottenham battle back to earn 2-2 draw at Juve
Tottenham Hotspur recovered from conceding twice in the opening nine minutes to secure a 2-2 draw away to Juventus in the first leg of their Champions League last 16 tie on Tuesday.
Gonzalo Higuain struck for Juve after two minutes and again from the penalty spot after nine as Tottenham were rocked, but the visitors responded in impressive fashion.
Harry Kane fired home in the 35th minute to halve the deficit -- the first goal Juventus have conceded in 2018 -- before Higuain wasted the chance to score a hat-trick when his penalty on the stroke of halftime hit the crossbar.
Tottenham were rewarded for their endeavour when Christian Eriksen's free kick levelled it up in the 71st minute, meaning the London club will fancy their chances of knocking out last year's runners-up in next month's second leg at Wembley.
- Kenyan Premier League: Agwanda is league’s best player for July Football 6 hours ago
- No time to smile for Gor: Sofapaka lie in wait for K’Ogalo in Narok today after loss to Rayon SportsFootball 6 hours ago
- Golf: Ooko leads 20 golfers in Safari TourGolf 1 day ago
- Sh 32 million sports academy lying underutilized in Taita-Taveta CountySports 6 hours ago
- Pogba makes bizarre admission why they were beaten 3-2 by BrightonFootball 2 days ago
- Rooney reveals the real reason he quit Everton for DC UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- Blow to Chelsea as Higuain agrees move to another Serie A outfit on loanGossip & Rumours 3 weeks ago