Shujaa finish sixth after falling to Samoa
Shujaa have completed their campaign at the Hamilton Sevens with a sixth place finish after having an encounter of mixed fortune in New Zealand. Kenya bagged 12 points after playing the four rounds bringing their overall tally to 35 at the 2017/ 2018 HSBC Sevens series.
Their 33-12 loss at the hands of Australia was the genesis of being dumped out at the quarterfinals of the tournament.
However, Shujaa went ahead to hammer Scotland 33-19 at the fifth place semifinal. Their sorry fate would then be sealed when they came to meet Samoa at the fifth place final where they lost 19-15.
Kenya had staged a magnificent campaign yesterday when they had an unbeaten run prior to the quarterfinals. In other match, Fiji won the Hamilton leg when they overcame South Africa in 24-17 thrilling game. Shujaa will be expected back home in Tuesday/.
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 19 hours ago
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 18 hours ago
- Turmoil in Kenya Sevens team campRugby 14 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 1 day ago
- Simba get new kit: Simba's all dressed up for the Africa gold cupRugby 1 hour ago
- Mick Foley wants WWE to make Big Van Vader Hall of FamerSports 6 hours ago