Shujaa finish sixth after falling to Samoa
Shujaa have completed their campaign at the Hamilton Sevens with a sixth place finish after having an encounter of mixed fortune in New Zealand. Kenya bagged 12 points after playing the four rounds bringing their overall tally to 35 at the 2017/ 2018 HSBC Sevens series.
Their 33-12 loss at the hands of Australia was the genesis of being dumped out at the quarterfinals of the tournament.
However, Shujaa went ahead to hammer Scotland 33-19 at the fifth place semifinal. Their sorry fate would then be sealed when they came to meet Samoa at the fifth place final where they lost 19-15.
Kenya had staged a magnificent campaign yesterday when they had an unbeaten run prior to the quarterfinals. In other match, Fiji won the Hamilton leg when they overcame South Africa in 24-17 thrilling game. Shujaa will be expected back home in Tuesday/.
- Malkia Strikers WhatsApp group admin locks out ‘vichwa ngumu’Volleyball and Handball 13 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo will face Manchester United, even after red cardFootball 14 hours ago
- Why status quo must remain in the Premier League this weekendFootball 4 hours ago
- Tottenham coach confirms he could be fired within a weekPremier League 8 hours ago
- Migne names Stars squad for Ethiopia Afcon qualifierFootball 2 hours ago
- Ronaldo’s red card was down to an absurb hallucination – World Cup-winning coachFootball 7 hours ago
- Senior KPL coach and star player in silent war over hot slayqueenFootball 12 hours ago