Shujaa finish sixth after falling to Samoa
Shujaa have completed their campaign at the Hamilton Sevens with a sixth place finish after having an encounter of mixed fortune in New Zealand. Kenya bagged 12 points after playing the four rounds bringing their overall tally to 35 at the 2017/ 2018 HSBC Sevens series.
Their 33-12 loss at the hands of Australia was the genesis of being dumped out at the quarterfinals of the tournament.
However, Shujaa went ahead to hammer Scotland 33-19 at the fifth place semifinal. Their sorry fate would then be sealed when they came to meet Samoa at the fifth place final where they lost 19-15.
Kenya had staged a magnificent campaign yesterday when they had an unbeaten run prior to the quarterfinals. In other match, Fiji won the Hamilton leg when they overcame South Africa in 24-17 thrilling game. Shujaa will be expected back home in Tuesday/.
- Football: How Kenyans left others hurting in Copa tournamentFootball 10 hours ago
- LaLiga star suffers stroke, rushed to hospitalFootball 1 month ago
- View Starting Lineups - Liverpool vs Man Utd at 7pmFootball 16 hours ago
- Kenya Cup: Mwamba puncture Oilers as Kabras Sugar dissolve Impala in KakamegaRugby 1 day ago
- Hosts Kakamega Homeboyz beat AFC Leapards at Bkhungu StadiumFootball 1 day ago
- Gor Mahia banking on Goodison Park experience against NyasaFootball 2 weeks ago
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery reveals why they were beaten by SouthamptonFootball 12 hours ago