Anderson 'gutted' for hapless debutant Curran
Boxing Day test debut that promised the elation of a key wicket for Tom Curran went sour in the space of two deliveries yesterday as the rookie England paceman had David Warner caught on 99 with a no-ball. Surrey seamer Curran, who replaced the injured Craig Overton in Joe Root’s team, had pinned down Warner after lunch on day one at a heaving Melbourne Cricket Ground, eventually coaxing the pugnacious opener into a clumsy pull-shot that was caught at mid-on. Curran celebrated wildly with his team mates.
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerWorld Cup 2018 13 hours ago
- Isle of Man TT rider Dan Kneen dies after collision with course carSports 3 weeks ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- “It might be my last World Cup,” says PogbaWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago