Games: SOYA receives Sh2.5m ahead of annual gala
Sports Personality of the Year Award (SOYA) awards has received Sh2.5 million from two organisations; Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) and National Social Security Fund (NSSF).
Supporting the gala for the 11th consecutive year, CA gave Sh1 million, while NSSF donated Sh1.5 million.
Speaking yesterday, CA acting Director for Consumer and Public Affairs Christopher Wambua, said the gala had grown in many ways and continued to provide great avenues to celebrate the victories of our national sports personalities.
“We as an organisation are always excited to be part of the fete that recognises the great achievements of our sportsmen and women,” said Wambua.
“As part of our CSR pillars, sports provide a great avenue to encourage our athletes from various fields to nurture and grow their talent. Through this, we will be able to encourage our sportsmen and women to do better,” said Wambua.
Soya panel chairperson Watson Karuma emphasised the need to encourage and support up-and-coming sportsmen and women.
The 14th edition of the awards will be held on January 17, 2018 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre.
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 16 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 19 hours ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 21 hours ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago
- Boost for school games: Participants urged to take the games seriously and use their talent to benefitSports 16 hours ago
- Migne needs time to turn around Harambee Stars, says EchesaFootball 16 hours ago