Games: SOYA receives Sh2.5m ahead of annual gala
Sports Personality of the Year Award (SOYA) awards has received Sh2.5 million from two organisations; Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) and National Social Security Fund (NSSF).
Supporting the gala for the 11th consecutive year, CA gave Sh1 million, while NSSF donated Sh1.5 million.
Speaking yesterday, CA acting Director for Consumer and Public Affairs Christopher Wambua, said the gala had grown in many ways and continued to provide great avenues to celebrate the victories of our national sports personalities.
“We as an organisation are always excited to be part of the fete that recognises the great achievements of our sportsmen and women,” said Wambua.
“As part of our CSR pillars, sports provide a great avenue to encourage our athletes from various fields to nurture and grow their talent. Through this, we will be able to encourage our sportsmen and women to do better,” said Wambua.
Soya panel chairperson Watson Karuma emphasised the need to encourage and support up-and-coming sportsmen and women.
The 14th edition of the awards will be held on January 17, 2018 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre.
- How FC Barcelona is damaging 'integrity and equality' of Spanish game – Real MadridFootball 8 hours ago
- Football world in shock after Conte is tipped to take over at Real MadridFootball 2 hours ago
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 8 hours ago
- Rooney shows Man United what they’re missing, scores stunner in DC United winFootball 3 hours ago
- What really sparked training ground bust-up between Pogba and Mourinho – PerreiraPremier League 6 hours ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 2 days ago
- High school student dies after on-pitch collision with teammateFootball 1 day ago