Rally: Mammen acquires new Datsun
Tim Mammen will be making his sixth Kenya Airways East African Safari Classic Rally appearance behind the wheel of a new Datsun, which he will run without power steering.
Asked how he plans to cope with the tough East African conditions, Mammen laughed and said, "That rule will not benefit us as the SSS was never homologated with power steering. I just have to continue with the weight training and sweat it out in the event.
I think it is going to be a tough event given the sweltering heat at the Coast. For those with power steering, it should offer some advantage." The 2017 edition will be Mammen's first event with Keith Henrie as co-driver.
- Premier League clubs on alert as Real Madrid slap hefty fee on Marco AsensioPremier League 4 hours ago
- Pressure on Mourinho as Chelsea host Man UnitedPremier League 6 hours ago
- Kenya 3-0 Ethiopia: Pictures of DP Ruto celebrating wildly go viral Football 5 days ago
- Njoroge served with warm Tea Fields titleGolf 4 days ago
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 5 days ago
- Police, KDF renew rivalry in league meetBoxing 4 days ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 2 days ago