Training: Kenyatta University hosting IAAF elite coach course
International Association of Athletics Federation's (IAAF) middle-distance, long-distance and RW Endurance Academy Elite Coach Course is ongoing at Kenyatta University.
The six-day course being facilitated by IAAF Regional Development Centre (Nairobi) has brought together coaches for middle and long distance from ten countries including the host Kenya, South Africa, Swaziland, Ethiopia and Germany.
Kenyatta University Acting Vice Chancellor Paul Wainaina presided over the opening ceremony on Monday alongside Athletics Kenya President Jackson Tuwei, IAAF Regional Centre Director Ibrahim Hussein, IAAF Development Department Senior Manager Gunter Lange and KU-IAAF Academy Director Mike Boit.
“We started the seminar on Monday and it ends on Saturday. Afterwards, the coaches will undertake a nine-month project. They will be awarded with diploma certification after completing the project,” said Hussein.
The participants are receiving training from Gunter Lange from IAAF Development Department, Prof Ullrich Hartmann from Germany, Dr Stephanie Bermon and Kenyan top marathon coach Patrick Sang. [Dennis Okeyo]
- Kenyans to lead Africa’s bidAthletics 2 weeks ago
- Kenya moves up five places in latest FIFA rankingsFootball 17 hours ago
- Revealed! Why Mourinho was lying on the ground at Wembley stadiumGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- Sh1.1m raised for noble cause: Chebii swings to victory as Weru registers maiden course Hole-in-OneGolf 3 days ago
- Messi misses out on shortlist for FIFA awardFootball 2 weeks ago
- Golf: Palmer leads visitors in claiming top nine positionsGolf 2 months ago
- Gareth Bale falls out with fiancee’s criminal dad over baby boy Football 2 weeks ago