Training: Kenyatta University hosting IAAF elite coach course
International Association of Athletics Federation's (IAAF) middle-distance, long-distance and RW Endurance Academy Elite Coach Course is ongoing at Kenyatta University.
The six-day course being facilitated by IAAF Regional Development Centre (Nairobi) has brought together coaches for middle and long distance from ten countries including the host Kenya, South Africa, Swaziland, Ethiopia and Germany.
Kenyatta University Acting Vice Chancellor Paul Wainaina presided over the opening ceremony on Monday alongside Athletics Kenya President Jackson Tuwei, IAAF Regional Centre Director Ibrahim Hussein, IAAF Development Department Senior Manager Gunter Lange and KU-IAAF Academy Director Mike Boit.
“We started the seminar on Monday and it ends on Saturday. Afterwards, the coaches will undertake a nine-month project. They will be awarded with diploma certification after completing the project,” said Hussein.
The participants are receiving training from Gunter Lange from IAAF Development Department, Prof Ullrich Hartmann from Germany, Dr Stephanie Bermon and Kenyan top marathon coach Patrick Sang. [Dennis Okeyo]
- Meet top footballers who proclaim God in the gameFootball 10 hours ago
- KTN Home Channel to broadcast Champions League final between Real Madrid and LiverpoolFootball 3 weeks ago
- Commonwealth games: No news yet of missing boxer Agina as badminton's Joseph expected todayBoxing 1 month ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to attack after Sh53m dealRugby 2 hours ago
- Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia: Luis Suarez strikes to secure World Cup 2018 progressionFootball 4 hours ago
- Spain beat Iran 1-0 with Costa's third goal of World CupWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago