Craig Shakespeare: Leicester sack manager
Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare was sacked on Tuesday four months after he was put in permanent charge of the Premier League club, British media reported.
Shakespeare assumed a caretaker role in February after Claudio Ranieri, who led Leicester to a stunning Premier League title triumph in 2015-16, was dismissed with the club mired in relegation trouble.
The 53-year-old led Leicester away from trouble and steered them into the Champions League quarter-finals where they lost narrowly to Atletico Madrid.
Leicester have won only one of their eight Premier League games this season and are third-bottom of the table.
Shakespeare’s last game in charge was Monday’s 1-1 draw with West Bromwich Albion.
- Ingwe desperate to end winless run against Gor: Leopards hoping to capitalise on fatigue on their rivalsFootball 11 hours ago
- Diving school! Neymar teaches kids to fall and rollFootball 15 hours ago
- Football: Kathungi hope to come out of group of death unhurtFootball 11 hours ago
- Neymar defends his diving for Brazil at World CupWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Mama Oliech dies in NairobiFootball 1 day ago
- Fans protests after Russian club sign a black player- his contract canceled!Football 11 hours ago
- VOLLEYBALL: Battle for top four finish hots upVolleyball and Handball 11 hours ago