No equipment, no excuses: Four exercises you can do at home
Many claim they don’t have either of the following when it comes to keep fit.
No weights, gym and most importantly no equipment. And without all these one might ask whether a decent workout is possible.
Follow this and you will discover that it is absolutely possible. You only need your body and spare some minutes.
- Bodyweight Squat
You need to stand as tall as you can with your feet spread slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
Hold your arms straight out in front of your body at shoulder level, so that your arms parallel to the floor.
Brace your abs, and lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees
Pause, then push yourself back to the starting position. That's one repetition. Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
- Incline Push-up
Assume a push-up position, but place your hands placed on a raised surface—such as a box, bench, or one of the steps of your stairs—instead of the floor.
Your body will form a straight line from your ankles to your head
Keeping your body rigid, lower your body until your upper arms dip below your elbows.
Pause, and then push yourself back to the starting position as quickly as possible.
- Hip Raise
Lie on your back on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your arms out to your sides with your palms facing up
Raise your hips so your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Pause for five seconds—then lower body back to the starting position
- Side Plank
If the side plank is too difficult, hold for five seconds, rest for five seconds, and repeat as many times as needed to total 30 seconds.
Alternatively, bend your knees 90 degrees and allow your lower legs to rest on the floor as you do the exercise.
Do this routinely and results will surprise you.
PICTURES: Macron joins French stars in song and dance as emotional Kolinda consoles Croatian players
- Two France fans die in Moscow during violent World Cup celebrationWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Manchester United set to sign Croatia starFootball 10 hours ago
- France 4 - 2 Croatia: Identity of World Cup pitch invaders REVEALEDWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- France beat Croatia to win 2018 Fifa World Cup in MoscowWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Pogba reveals why he held World Cup trophy with shin pad during celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Football legends join Dalic in condemning referee decisions in World Cup finalWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- France vs Croatia lineups as Fans arrive ahead of World Cup Final World Cup 2018 1 day ago