Paul Tergat elected NOCK president
Paul Tergat has been elected unopposed as the National Olympic Organizing Committee (NOCK) president
He replaces Kipchoge Keino who has held the position for the last 18 years.
The veteran marathoner sailed through unchallenged after his would be challenger, Patrick Muya's candidature was thrown out by delegates.
Shadrack MalukI and Waithaka Kioni will be Tergat’s first and second deputies respectively.
Other elected NOCK officials include:
Shoaib Abdulgani, Paul Otula, Winnie Kamau
Second Deputy vice President
First deputy president
- Why Harambee Stars have not received Sh50 million despite 3-0 win over Ethiopia Football 5 days ago
- 220 MILLION EUROS! Barcelona to meet shock Neymar release clauseFootball 1 day ago
- Kenyans throng Kasarani ahead of Kenya vs Ethiopia showdownFootball 5 days ago
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger reveals he's ready to start a new job in JanuaryFootball 2 days ago
- Free transport to Harambee Stars vs Ethiopia matchFootball 1 week ago
- SportPesa Shield: Sharks coach Muluya eyes Cup glory on SaturdayFootball 3 days ago
- Yoweri Museveni meets Uganda Cranes, says better diet will improve players’ ‘shots’ (Photos) Football 1 week ago