Western Stima shows veteran coach Henry Omino the door and replace him with Ugandan Richard Makumbi
Kenyan Premier League side Western Stima Fc have fired veteran coach Henry Omino as head coach and replaced him with Ugandan Richard Makumbi.
The announcement came on Wednesday evening in Kisumu as the lakeside side football club tied to a stalemate at home against Homeboyz Fc.
As Makumbi takes over from Henry Omino, his new club Western Stima FC is now languishing 16th placed at the bottom pack of the league with only 22 points from 24 games on the log of the eighteen-teams.
Makumbi is no doubt a veteran coach in east and central Africa and well known for promoting teams from the second division to the top league in Uganda.
He has helped a record twelve teams to the Uganda Premier League in his career and is now seen as the savior to this Kenyan side.
His immediate task will be on September 17th as he tackles an unpredictable Sony sugar Fc, which is just fresh from beating Matano’s Ingwe at their den to a solitary goal. He will again dance with another on and off-form Nakumatt Fc on September 24th at home hoping to repeat his previous success if there will be.
If Makumbi has to win the hearts of the ever demanding Kenyan football fans and find a home in Kisumu, he has no other formula but to win these two fixtures ahead of him.
- AK issues statement on Kiprop’s doping allegationAthletics 1 month ago
- KTN Home Channel to broadcast Champions League final between Real Madrid and LiverpoolFootball 3 weeks ago
- Commonwealth games: No news yet of missing boxer Agina as badminton's Joseph expected todayBoxing 1 month ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to attack after Sh53m dealRugby 5 hours ago
- Fan kissed and groped female World Cup reporter on live TVWorld Cup 2018 20 hours ago
- Spain face date with destiny against Iran todayWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Uruguay 1-0 Saudi Arabia: Luis Suarez strikes to secure World Cup 2018 progressionFootball 7 hours ago