Lindelof in = Smalling out?
Chris Smalling is being hawked around the Premier League as Manchester United prepare to sell the England defender.
Boss Mourinho wants to offload the 27-year-old, with Everton and West Ham among the clubs to have been sounded out.
It comes as United confirmed the capture of long-time target and fellow centre-back Victor Lindelof from Portugal’s Benfica on Wednesday evening, with Mourinho clearly feeling Smalling does not have a future at Old Trafford.
Everton are more likely to move for Burnley’s Michael Keane , who remains their primary defensive target, but there will be no shortage of takers for Smalling.
West Ham are interested and it remains to be seen whether other big clubs come in for the centre-back, who will be anxious that the upheaval does not affect his England career.
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup: Round 16 qualifying rules and probable fixturesWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Golf: Veteran defeats 136 golfers in annual tournament in MombasaGolf 15 hours ago
- Chelsea to fire Conte in hours, fellow Italian to take overFootball 1 hour ago
- Messi’s diehard fan commits suicide after Argentina shockerWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- England rout Panama 6-1 with Kane hat-trickWorld Cup 2018 21 hours ago