Kenyan stars ready to meet Mo Farah: Can Kamworor and company break the athletics’ great?
Mwangangi, Koech and Tanui go head-to-head with two-time Olympic champion.
It two days, two-time Olympic champion Mo Farah will come face to face with Kenyan athletes hungry for results in 5,000m at the two-day IAAF Diamond League meeting in Eugene, USA, on Friday.
As the clock ticks, Kenyan fans will be eager to see which of their athletes will master the courage and agility of flooring the most successful British track athlete in modern Olympic Games history.
So far, Mo Farah has earned himself a big name by winning nine gold medals- five from World Championships and four from Olympic Games, and judging by his trend of consistent performances, he might still be counting.
The athlete won four times at the Pre Classic and set a course record of 12:56.98 beside winning three times in 10,000m. But it will be a sight to behold as Kenyan elite stars comprising World Cross Country Champion Geoffrey Kamworor, Isiah Koech, Leonard Barsoton, Nicholas Kosimbei, Caleb Mwangangi, William Sitonik and Paul Tanui fight for glory.
But do these Kenyan athletes stand a chance to make history by defeating the dominant Farah? The 24-year-old Kamworor is one athlete who might do just that.
Meanwhile, Athletics Kenya have confirmed Ednah Kiplagat and Daniel Wanjiru as lead runners who will represent Kenya during the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London in August.
The list that has four men and five women was released yesterday amid claims that some of the athletes, whose names had been mentioned, opted out.
The AK officials reached an agreement after a meeting at Riadha House yesterday. Other athletes are Gideon Kipketer, Geoffrey Kirui, Helah Kiprop and Flomena Cheyech. Paul Lonyangata, Valentine Kipketer and Purity Rionoripo are reserves.
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 1 day ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Sterling reveals the incredible story behind why he turned down ArsenalFootball 5 hours ago