Kenya beat Singapore in third match of cricket friendly
Kenya XI beat Singapore by 41 runs in the third match of their friendly series played yesterday at Jaffrey’s Sports Club, Nairobi.
Batting first, Kenya XI scored 275 for the loss of six wickets in 50-overs to set a target of 276 for their guests.
In Singapore’s innings, the homeboys fielded tightly, restricting their guests before heavens opened for the match to be decided on a Duckworth Lewis method.
Veteran Collins Obuya once again starred for Kenya XI smashing an unbeaten century as they cruised to their third straight win. Obuya has been instrumental for Kenya XI leading them to a three wickets win and 111 runs victory over Oman and Malaysia respectively.
Coming in for a fourth wicket stand, Obuya put up a stellar performance scoring 109 not out cracking seven boundaries and four sixes. Opening batsman Abraham Vadada (33) Rushab Patel (38), Gurdeep Singh (32) and Lucas Oluoch (31) also contributed to Kenya XI score.
Vijay Selladore was superb with the ball for Singapore taking two wickets for 29 runs.
Anantha Krishna also dismissed two but concede 42 runs. Janak Prakash took one wicket for 42.
National team coach Thomas Odoyo said that he was impressed with the performance especially with the bat.
- Pogba stripped of France goal after Mourinho identifies the scorerWorld Cup 2018 11 hours ago
- Games' security: Why terrorists have no chance in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 21 hours ago
- England lineup against Tunisia leaked hours to the gameWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- World Cup Group E: Captain Kolarov fires Serbia to victory over Costa RicaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Maradona speaks out on Lionel Messi’s missed penaltyWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago