British Olympic Champion Germaine Mason killed in motorbike crash
British high-jump Olympic silver medalist Germaine Mason has been killed in a motorbike accident as he rode in a convoy with Usain Bolt in Jamaica.
Germaine Mason, who won silver at the Beijing Games in 2008, died in a crash as he rode home from a party with pals.
The 34-year-old died on the spot after losing control of his bike.
He had been on a night out with fellow Olympic champion Bolt along with sprinter Michael Frater.
Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness tweeted a message of condolence in honor of the fallen hero: “Our sincere condolences to sporting fraternity.”
- England lineup against Panama leaked, Southgate brings Chelsea youngstarWorld Cup 2018 14 hours ago
- Isle of Man TT rider Dan Kneen dies after collision with course carSports 3 weeks ago
- Challenges facing Argentina ahead of their must-win group game against NigeriaWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- All smiles as Kenya breaks winless jinx: Captain Change hails Simbas' fighting spirit, urges teammate to remain focusedRugby 53 minutes ago
- “It might be my last World Cup,” says PogbaWorld Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Xhaka and Shaqiri facing possible bans as FIFA probes controversial celebrationsWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago