Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny set to join up with Roma on a permanent £15m deal after impressing on loan
Arsenal forgotten man Wojciech Szczesny is set to join Roma on a £15million deal in this month’s transfer window.
The Polish stopper, 26, has been on loan at the Serie A side since July 2015 after Petr Cech was brought to the Emirates by Arsene Wenger.
Since then, Szczesny has turned out 62 times as Roma‘s No1, including 53 in Serie A – and all 19 of their games this season.
After impressing out in Italy, the club are now willing to part with around £15m in order to land him permanently.
The move will mark the end of an era for Szczesny who spent three years as a youth player at the club before breaking into the senior fold in 2009.
Wojciech Szczesny has conceded just two goals in his last five games at Roma.
- Kiprono survives early scare in Karen Masters qualifiersGolf 8 hours ago
- Brazil held 1-1 by Switzerland in World CupWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Games' security: Why terrorists have no chance in RussiaWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- World Cup Group E: Captain Kolarov fires Serbia to victory over Costa RicaWorld Cup 2018 15 hours ago
- Kenyan player signs for European club months after being sacked Football 20 hours ago
- Group F: World Cup holders Germany crash to Mexico defeatWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Russia coach Cherchesov received phone call from Putin during post-match press conference World Cup 2018 2 days ago