City's Sagna charged with misconduct over Instagram post
Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna has been charged with misconduct by the FA for his "10 against 12" Instagram post after their 2-1 Premier League win over Burnley on Jan. 2.
Referee Lee Mason sent off City midfielder Fernandinho in the 32nd minute and the FA have alleged Frenchman Sagna's comment, which was later deleted, questioned the official's integrity.
"It is alleged that a comment posted on social media by the Manchester City defender constituted improper conduct in that it questioned the integrity of the match official and/or alleged and/or implied bias on the part of the match official, and/or brought the game into disrepute," the FA said in a statement.
Sagna, 33, has until Jan. 13 to respond to the charge.
- Kenyan boxer Agina still missing since Commonwealth Games in Australia two months agoBoxing 6 hours ago
- Bale's agent discusses chances of Arsenal moveGossip & Rumours 4 hours ago
- FIFA fines Mexico for ‘abuse’ on German player as Chicharito calls for restraintWorld Cup 2018 2 hours ago
- Long-hitting Dustin Johnson reigns as number oneGolf 15 hours ago
- Southgate dislocates shoulder while out running ahead of England's World Cup 2018 clash vs PanamaWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Referee slammed for requesting for Ronaldo and Pepe shirts in Portugal winWorld Cup 2018 3 hours ago
- England want to ‘put record straight’Rugby 15 hours ago