Kenya suffers blow as Elijah Manangoi sustains injury
Kenya has suffered a major blow as World Silver medalist Elijah Manangoi will not feature in the 1500m Olympic finals in Rio after sustaining a hamstring injury.
Manangoi, who is the World 1,500m silver medallist, finished second in the second Heat in 3:46.83, losing to defending champion Taoufik Makhloufi from Algeria in 3:46.82.
He qualified with ease but after the race said he was “not good.” He indicated that he was pushed and a replay revealed he had contact with Makhloufi in the final 200m.
- Juventus 'hold Paul Pogba talks' Football 1 day ago
- Huge rule change coming to Champions LeagueFootball 30 minutes ago
- Manchester United accidentally ‘announce’ transfer of goalkeeper [Photos]Football 7 hours ago
- Arsenal fans receive BAD NEWS on Welbeck’s injuryFootball 1 hour ago
- Kenya Simbas ready to roar againRugby 19 hours ago
- Kimanzi: Emerging Stars coach says his side can make Olympic historyFootball 19 hours ago
- Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane resign from Republic of Ireland jobFootball 5 hours ago