The Government has extended the dusk to dawn curfew in parts of Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, and West Pokot counties for another month.
Rift Valley Regional Commissioner Maalim Mohamed on Wednesday, July 6, said the 30-day curfew imposed last month was successful in restoring peace in the area.
Mohamed, who was speaking at the Narok Teachers Training College however said security officers are trailing bandits believed to have escaped to parts of Turkana South, East, and Pokot North sub-counties.
The RC lauded the security team on the ground for working round-the-clock to restore peace, urging them to continue imposing the 6.00 pm to 6.00 am curfew.
- Sleuths want mastermind of outlawed 'Confirm Gang' detained for 30 days
- Seven burnt to death after bandits attack villages in Turkana East
- Gideon Moi vows to address Baringo insecurity
- Terror threats and heavy security: Inside Mandera political campaigns
He assured the cosmopolitan region of heightened security as the country heads to the General Elections in August.
Only security officers, essential workers like health officials, and licensed media houses will be allowed to move past the curfew hours.
The affected areas include Tot ward with eight locations, six locations in Chesongoch ward, Kapyego location, Chesuman and Arror locations in Elgeyo Marakwet County.
In Baringo County, Tiaty Sub-county area will be affected. Baringo North will be partly affected in the areas of Sibilo, Yatya and Kinyach, while in West Pokot; Chesegon and Sigor wards will be affected.
An attack on a school bus ferrying learners in February this year left six students injured.