Man on a mission to bring back estranged wife killed at in-law’s home
By Stephen Rutto | March 11th 2021
The man, who lives in the nearby Kaptum village, reportedly stormed his in-law’s house in Nyawa at 2am on March 10, with an intention of taking her back to their matrimonial home.
Keiyo North Deputy County Commissioner, Julius Maiyo, said the man was accompanied by a group of men.
“He had separated with his wife some days ago. The wife went back to her parents in Nyawa. When the man and his team arrived at the in-law’s home, an alarm was raised and angry villagers came in and attacked them,” Mr Maiyo said. The deceased was pronounced dead on arrival at Iten County Referral Hospital.
Maiyo said one man who had accompanied the deceased is in critical condition at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital in Eldoret.
Police have arrested four suspects in connection with the attack and are pursuing six villagers suspected to be behind the lynching.
Take a quick survey and help us improve our website!Take a survey
Ruto, Atwoli differ on BBI shock ruling
- Appeal ruling, Governor Lee Kinyanjui tells BBI proponents
- Bonchari, Juja by-elections in limbo as AG heads to Court of Appeal
- Son of former Kisumu mayor found dead
- Kabogo announces bid to run for president in 2022
- BBI ruling: Ruto, other leaders react to shock decision
By Betty Njeru